Is Depression a side effect of Pramiracetam?

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Hello. I have been using pramiracetam aka "pramistar" for four months now. but now feels like something went wrong. I noticed that last 3-4 weeks I feel very depressed for no reason. I feel lasy, tired, cant force my self to study, sleep became very bad...can these things be related to pramiracetam?

Dear Patient:  Pramiracetam is a dietary supplement derived from piracetam. Piracetam acts on the central nervous system. It is thought to protect the part of the brain called the cerebral cortex against a lack of oxygen. The cerebral cortex is responsible for our thoughts and actions and plays a role in movement, reasoning, perception and recognition. Along with its useful effect piracetam can cause drowsiness, restlessness, nervousness and increased weight gain. Speak with your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side-effects continue or become troublesome.

Please login or signup to post comments!

Comments

SEARCH: