Question :

Diet Plan for Ulcers

Hello, Whats the diet plan for people with stomach ulcers? Things to eat and not to eat. Thanks

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Gastric ulcer is a common problem. These are caused by bacterial infection (H. pylori) or due to medication (NSAIDS), and are not the result of diet or stress. Treatment of peptic ulcer begins with the eradication of H. pylori in infected individuals. Antisecretory therapy with H2 receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors is the mainstay of therapy in uninfected patients. Medication that protect the lining of the stomach (sucralfate and pepto bismol) also protect against worsening of the gastric ulcer. Choosing a diet rich in vitamins, whole grains will benefit in faster healing of the ulcer. I hope the information helps.

Questions related to Ulcers

Frequent Mouth Ulcer

Sir, What is the reason for mouth ulcer and please advise the treatment. Regards,

Do I have an Ulcer or Acid Reflux?

Hello, the last few weeks I've been experiencing a hollow gnawing empty feeling in my stomach and I've been constantl...

Peptic ulceration

i was prescribed mefenamic tablets for period pains,i have been taking omeprazole for years{prescribed from the same ...

Red stream vomit

I think i may have blood in my stomach. I was drinking an afternoon and after 2 1/2 beers i felt bloated and sill. ...

Mouth ulcers for myself and daughter.

hello doctor I was suffering from mouth ulcers and I have a daughter who suffers the same problem. It’s a gen...

Stomach problems after eating

I've always suffered with eating, feeling strange once eating and my body reacting unwell. Recently it's got worse, d...

Throat Ulcer Help

I currently have a throat ulcer and as prescribed I'm taking "Magic Mouthwash" or "BMX Rinse." I ...

Pain in the Liver Area

I have had IBS for 3 months, a peptic ulcer for nearly 2 months and have had pain in the area of my liver for 3 week...

Pain in left side of abdomen due to Ulcer?

Hi doctor i am feeling wound like pain blow my left rib area from a month sometime also a mild pain on left rib area...

Bleeding in stool and vomiting blood

My boyfriend is bleeding very bad in his stool and vomiting blood. What could case it?

What do my symptoms lead to?

I have a fever, real bad dirreha, upset stomach, and I cant keep any food down. I ate some spicy tacos about a week ...

Which is the best investigation for detecting g...

I am having trouble with pain under my right rig cage,ihave had a ultra sound to see if it was my gall bladder and g...

Stomach pain after eating a spicy meal

I got severe stomach pain after eating and also i can't able to eat chilly mixed items cause my tungs are gives me...

Stomach pain, could it be due to peptic ulcer?

I read all these questions on ulcer and the Peptic Ulcer one sounds like what I am feeling. Bad bloating after eati...

Throat and mouth ulcers after Loose motions and...

My sister had fever with shivering ,loose motions and vomiting after which she was admitted and was on drip .now she...

Recurrent H-pylori Infection, what could be the...

Dear ask dr. i have two FAILED treatments for hpylori Whats next and why won't the antibiotice cure problem. charlene

What can i do to reduce the pain i have because...

I have a stomach ulcer and it is causing me severe discomfort which is increasing recently. i also have musculaskele...

What can I do about a ulcer?

What the treatment for ulcer?

Safety of Antiplatelets agents for PVD in Stoma...

My father is 71 and has been a diabetic for nearly 30 years which is reasonably well controlled on tablets. He also ...

Venous ulcer will not heal

I have had an ulcer on the inside of my ankle for over 3 years now and is extremely painful. I have been under the h...

Is it Safe to Take Gastro Resistant Aspirin if ...

Can i take gastro resistant aspirin even though i had a stomach ulcer caused by helicobactor pylori over ten years a...

Is This Stomach Ulcer?

Last week when i woke up my stomach wasnt feeling so well and later that night i got the chills, starting twitching,...

Blood in Vomit and in Saliva

I just threw up and a bit of blood came up towards the end. I feel perfectly fine now--no pains and the nausea's go...

Symptoms suggestive of Peptic Ulcer

I have been experiencing bad bloating after eating as well as stomach pain under my ribs. I am very uncomfortable an...

Triple therapy treatment for peptic ulceration

I have just been diagnosed with a large peptic ulcer which has been bleeding. Ihave been prescribed 2 anti-biotics a...

Post Your Thoughts

Patient Comments

Guest Says: but I don't know the exactly why ulcers comes out