Question :

Abnormally thick lining of the uterus

I had abnormal reading on ovarian ultrasound. Said the lining of my uterus is abnormally thick. What does this mean. Thank you.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The thick lining of the uterus means the internal layer of the uterus that build up and breaks every month with the menses has become thick. It may be normal if the findings were obtained during your mid cycle, as around this period uterus normally builds up its lining. However, other causes of the thick uterine lining such as polyp, fibroid or uterine cancer needs to be ruled out. Repeat follow up ultrasound examination, at a different time, may help in the diagnosis.

Questions related to Uterine and Cervical Cancer

CIN 1 - Can it become cancerous?

My wife, 53 years of age, has HPV 16 from a previous marriage. She has recently been diagnosed as having Cin1 which...

Treatment and outcome of uterine cancer

I just found out that my mom has uterine cancer. I was wondering what her odds of surviving and getting rid of it ar...

Return of periods after menopause

My periods had stopped, more than 3 years, now its back but with bad cramps and large blood clots is this normal? I ...

DUB from past two months ,doctor recomends hyst...

From past two months i am facing uterus bleeding DUB 2 weeks back scan report uterus measures 99 44 58 endometrial...

Returning to Work after Cryosurgery

Hello, I'm scheduled to have cervical cryosurgery next week. How long should I expect to be out of work due to any s...

Endometrial Polyps Biopsy

I had an endometrial biopsy that showed I have a benign polyp. My doctor wants me to have a D & C to remove it, ...

Doctor recommending hysterectomy due to family ...

I have been having abdominal pain,nausea, weight gain in my stomache, abnormal bowel for the past 6 months. My doct...

How soon should I get a colposcopy following my...

I am a 26 year old female (healthy/not overweight) who recently had an abdominal myomectomy to remove a fibroid the ...

Post Your Thoughts