Question :

Heavy watery discharge not treated with canesten

I am 25yrs old and have been experiencing heavy vaginal discharge since few months ago after an intercourse. It is usually clear and watery. However, at times, it does appear to be slight yellow (could be due to uric, I suppose). It is seriously bugging me as I would need to change a pantyliner every 2-4hrs just to prevent the moisture build up causing "diaper rash". No foul smell observed though itch is sometimes present. I feel awkward and uncomfortable of visiting any doctors for physical examination (The idea of someone looking at my private part just puts me off). I tried to canesten after reading up that it could be yeast infection, but it didn't solve the problem. I would like to find out more about the possible remedies.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Vaginal discharge that is clear and non foul smelling is usually a normal vaginal discharge. An irritation of change in the smell of the discharge could indicate bacterial vaginosis is requires further evaluation. I recommend visiting a doctor anytime your discharge is different from usual. Antibiotics like metronidazole and clindamycin are affective in bacterial vaginosis.

Questions related to Vaginal Discharge

Thrush, Itching, Abnormal Discharge

I have a mild case of thrush. Can this go away on its own? Or do I need to get medication for it?

Im not sure if my vagina is just scratched or i...

Can you loose your virginity through fingering? my boyfriend was fingering me ad now I'm bleeding a little.

Am I old enough to buy??

Can I buy metronidazole over the counter, I am 16..

Genital Herpes or what?

Every month for the last 4 months I have had 'outbreaks' either exactly before or after my period. During this time, ...

Why am I having vaginal bleeding?

Hello, I am a 23 year old healthy female with no prior medical history with the exception of being diagnosed with...

Fishy odor from vaginal area, booger like disch...

Hi, i had sex with my boyfriend and its been a month or two since we did and i took a pregnancy test and it said i wa...

**WHITE PAINFUL BUMP**

I have a white bump-like thing under the hood of my clitoris. when i went to my obgyn a couple months for a pap smear...

Possible yeast infection or just paranoia?

Hello, I have a question about the discharge I have been having. About a week and a half ago, I went to the doctor to...

I am a virgin

I am a virgin, and I just had my period three days ago, there have been small brown specs in my discharge what is thi...

Yellow bubble

What is this yellow bubble inside my vagina?

Constant Vaginal Discharge

I have had constant Vaginal discharge for about 3 years now but have not seen a doctor about it. What could it be and...

vaginal discharge

Im having an unusual gray non odorous vaginal discharge it has a water like texture with little clumps, I have no inf...

brown bloody discharge 2 weeks after period fin...

I finished my period about 2 weeks ago. Now I am having a vaginal discharge coloured brown --to almost bloody. Is th...

Irregular Period Discharge Replacement

Why is it that I have super irregular periods and always have, but when I miss them I have a lot of vaginal discharge...

Serious vaginal bleeding for four months after ...

i have had very heavy bleeding for four months after having a baby is this serious?

Light brown discharge for 2 weeks

I have been having a light brown discharge for 2 weeks and I'm not pregnant. Nothing hurts me either.

Light blood in urine in 63 year old female

Why would I, a 63 year old woman be getting vaginal pain,light blood in urine?

Yellowish color Vaginal Discharge

I have discharge that comes out white and dries up a yellowish color and smells like coins is that normal?

missing periods and brown and yellow vaginal di...

I don't know what's wrong with me exactly, and I'm a little worried, does anyone else know?

Vaginal discharge

Idk if I started my period or if I'm about to or if these are symptoms of another medical problem, so if you could help

Symptoms in 40 year old post delivery

Im 40 and had a baby 11 wks ago. It was a normal birth. 3 wks ago i went back on depo 1st 2 weeks were ok but I start...

My privates are patchy

-This is the closest topic I could find relevant to what Im asking- I am a young lady (15) and I have a worry for my ...

Vaginal bleeding and stomach pains

About a week or so ago I had sex with a friend, we didn't finish as I ended up feeling uncomfortable but since that d...

vaginal discharge after urination

Hi, I have more vaginal discharge which does not have any odour or itching and it comes only after urination and als...

Vaginal discharge with blood spotting after Pap...

Hello i am 61 year old widow and within the past 4 weeks on 3 different occasions, i have had a light blood spotting...

Post Your Thoughts