Question :

Irregular periods with brown discharge

I have been having brown spotting for a while and I was told not worry about it by my doctor, but now its red. O and I have really ever had a regular period. I would get one one month and not get one for a few months. Also, last year at school I gained weight because of a liver problem.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Brown spotting that is not associated with abdominal pain and itching or burning symptoms is most probably due to old endometrial tissue. It is not uncommon for the normal discharge to be dark, brown or discolored a day or two following the menstrual period. If your periods are irregular for a couple of months, I would suggest that you see your health care provider. Blood work and an ultrasound may be required to determine the cause. Take care.

Questions related to Vaginal Discharge

Genital Herpes or what?

Every month for the last 4 months I have had 'outbreaks' either exactly before or after my period. During this time, ...

Why am I having vaginal bleeding?

Hello, I am a 23 year old healthy female with no prior medical history with the exception of being diagnosed with...

**WHITE PAINFUL BUMP**

I have a white bump-like thing under the hood of my clitoris. when i went to my obgyn a couple months for a pap smear...

Possible yeast infection or just paranoia?

Hello, I have a question about the discharge I have been having. About a week and a half ago, I went to the doctor to...

I am a virgin

I am a virgin, and I just had my period three days ago, there have been small brown specs in my discharge what is thi...

Yellow bubble

What is this yellow bubble inside my vagina?

Constant Vaginal Discharge

I have had constant Vaginal discharge for about 3 years now but have not seen a doctor about it. What could it be and...

vaginal discharge

Im having an unusual gray non odorous vaginal discharge it has a water like texture with little clumps, I have no inf...

brown bloody discharge 2 weeks after period fin...

I finished my period about 2 weeks ago. Now I am having a vaginal discharge coloured brown --to almost bloody. Is th...

Irregular Period Discharge Replacement

Why is it that I have super irregular periods and always have, but when I miss them I have a lot of vaginal discharge...

Serious vaginal bleeding for four months after ...

i have had very heavy bleeding for four months after having a baby is this serious?

Light brown discharge for 2 weeks

I have been having a light brown discharge for 2 weeks and I'm not pregnant. Nothing hurts me either.

Light blood in urine in 63 year old female

Why would I, a 63 year old woman be getting vaginal pain,light blood in urine?

Yellowish color Vaginal Discharge

I have discharge that comes out white and dries up a yellowish color and smells like coins is that normal?

missing periods and brown and yellow vaginal di...

I don't know what's wrong with me exactly, and I'm a little worried, does anyone else know?

Vaginal discharge

Idk if I started my period or if I'm about to or if these are symptoms of another medical problem, so if you could help

Symptoms in 40 year old post delivery

Im 40 and had a baby 11 wks ago. It was a normal birth. 3 wks ago i went back on depo 1st 2 weeks were ok but I start...

My privates are patchy

-This is the closest topic I could find relevant to what Im asking- I am a young lady (15) and I have a worry for my ...

Vaginal bleeding and stomach pains

About a week or so ago I had sex with a friend, we didn't finish as I ended up feeling uncomfortable but since that d...

vaginal discharge after urination

Hi, I have more vaginal discharge which does not have any odour or itching and it comes only after urination and als...

Vaginal discharge with blood spotting after Pap...

Hello i am 61 year old widow and within the past 4 weeks on 3 different occasions, i have had a light blood spotting...

Vagina burning sensation and Discharge

I'm a teenager and never had a sexual intercourse with anyone. My vagina feels slightly burning and it's very uncomf...

Heavy bleeding and Brown Clots

Today for the very first time i stood up and it felt like i had peed myself so i went and wiped and there was a dark...

Dark brown vaginal discharge for over a month.

Dear doctor, I have been having smelly dark brown vaginal discharge for over a month now. The last time I had my per...

Bleeding due to contraceptive implant

I got the implant in my arm 7 months ago i had just had my baby and i was sstill bleeding wen i had it done and i am...

Abdominal pain and constipation

Hi, I have lower abdominal cramps, severe low back pain,occasional waves of sickness,constipation and dizziness, al...

Vaginal rash and white colored discharge

My vagina has been itching and burning and also discharging a milky white stuff. What's going on down there?

Using a tampon for discharge

If you have heavy normal vaginal discharge is it okay to use a tampon. Regularly changing it of course.

Treatment for increased vaginal discharge

I leak all the time have to wear a panty like er on a daily basis their js itching and odor what should I do

Yeast infection and short period last month - B...

Last month I had a tooth infection that I took antibiotics for. I had a minor yeast infection(?) (Light discharge an...

What does a Raw Cervix indicate?

What does it mean to have a Raw Cervix?

Vaginal discharge and burning micturation

For 24hours now every time i pee my vagina stings really badly for about 5 mintues afterwards. Also noticing a cream...

Vaginal Pain - do you recommend seeing a doctor?

Hey doctor, well I just finish my period two weeks ago and since then i have been having trobule using the bathroom ...

Over the counter treatment for yeast infection

I was searching figured it might be a yeast infection but at the same time very unsure. Vaginal area is very itchy a...

Whitish Vaginal discharge - treatment required?

Hello doctor, m getting some white creemy fluid vaginal discharge from last 2 weeks no irritation no itching bt i fe...

Chronic Vaginal discharge - Management.

I have had a discharge for about 3 years now and i was thinking maybe it could be a yeast infection but i don't have...

Heavy watery discharge not treated with canesten

I am 25yrs old and have been experiencing heavy vaginal discharge since few months ago after an intercourse. It is u...

Gooey discharge odor constant period

It seems as though not much time lapses between my periods. I usually start around the 20th of every month but for t...

Vaginal discharge, causes and treatment.

Im an 18 year old girl iv been getting vaginal discharge its very smelly and when i get my period it stops when im f...

What is the treatment of recurrent vaginal yeas...

Ihave had vaginal candidasis 6 ,onths ago and i treated it with 5 days cure with econazole,vaginal ovules. after tha...

Thick creamy vaginal discharge: Yeast infection

Hi my name is Louisa I have got creamy white discharge that when I wash myself out I find It always seems to be ther...

What causes bleeding after hysterectomy

Why would u discharge blood 6 years after a total hysterectomy?

Is it an STD or Vaginal infection?

Hello, i've been having this discharge for a coulple of months latly it has a yellowish tent to it.It also smells fo...

Trichomonas vaginalis and Chlamydia trachomatis...

Hello how to differentiate trichomonus vaginalis from the clamidia of vaginalis

Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis infection - why?

I found out that I have bacterial vaginosis, and my doctor gave me an antibiotic that worked. Now, a month later, I ...

Vaginal Itching due to Change of Soaps

I recently used a different body soap. It is causing my vaginal area to be irritated, a bit swollen, and slight dis...

Vaginal Thrush or Something More??

Hi. I think I might have thrush and I am a bit worried that it is something more.... I think I have thrush because ...

Vagina PH Balance

Does taking oral antibiotics effect the Ph balance of the vagina? Discharge is thicker and sometimes and more.

Vagina odor very foul?

Hi I've been to tha dr twice and have got tested for tric, Bv, yeast, and 2 others I can't think of the name but I'm...

Possible Yeast Infection

Your Question I am sixteen years old and a virgin. I have been suffering from vaginal itching, and strange smelling ...

Post Your Thoughts