Question :

Gas permeable contact lens getting cloudy and filmy

I have been wearing gas permeable contact lenses without any significant problems. In the last 6 months, everytime i put my contact lenses on- the right lens gets cloudy and it has a film over it within 10 minutes of putting it on. When I take the lens off and hold it up to the light you can see the film on the lens. If I add wetting drops- it sometimes helps but also the deposits on the lenses increase as I add more drops. Lenses become very coated as time goes on.
I recently purchased new lens and the same problem occurred. Also, I have tried different cleaning and wetting solutions and it has not helped. ( I do not know if the cornea is involved in this situation. What trouble shooting path can I take to get back into my lenses?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Our team of physicians will try and have a response to this question. In the meantime we suggest looking through our related questions in this category or using our search bar at the top of the page to look for more information.
You can also sign up and ask your question in detailed.

Questions related to Epilepsey

Deja vu dizziness

I get these deja vu moments where I feel dizzy, like I am going to pass out, and my vision starts to go black, but th...

Side effect of this medicine for epilepsy

Good evening Doctor, I want to know about the epilepsy. Four times happened something from sleep my doctor told thi...

Nausea, rarely Vomiting, After taking Dilantin

For about 1 month now i have been feeling very nauseaus off and on, sometimes all day. I have absolutely no appetit...

Sps epilepsy and driving??

Hi there can i drive with sps epilepsey i have never blacked out, ive been tread for depression for 13 years thats w...

Are my sons seizures still Febrile seizures or ...

My son was diagnosed with Febrile seizures when he was 2, he is now 4. We have been to the hospital 3 times, seen ou...

Post Your Thoughts