Question :

Upper left chest pain

My husband is 52 and has been experiencing some pain in his upper left chest. He describes it as a burning or stinging...? the pain come and goes at random but often after some excretion life cutting firewood

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The symptoms that you mentioned of chest pain on exertion do seem a bit concerning and may point towards an angina. Though pain arising from the heart, lungs, upper gastrointestinal system and chest wall may all present with similar symptoms.
I would still advice you to see you GP for a more thorough physical examination including a BP and a cardiac exam , other testing like a lipid panel along with a cardiac stress test and an ECG to rule out any intrinsic cardiac problem like an angina.

Questions related to Chest Pain

Upper right-sided chest pain with no apparent c...

I'm a 31 y/o woman. For the last couple of months I have had intermittent but not serious pain on my right side (high...

Lower Chest pain (Beginning of Ribs)

Hi, just this morning before working out and after playing basketball, I started feeling pain right under my chest fr...

Lower Chest Pain (Beginning of rib cage)

Alternatives to Brilinta

I've been on Brilinta for just over 6 months for 2 drug eluding stents I had put in as a result of my heart attack in...

Chest pain and migraines

I am a 25 year old female. I am tired during the day, but do not sleep well at night. About 2 weeks ago I had a sharp...

I really need answers

Hi i am a 28 year old female who has svt and ingenia i keep having chest pain that goes into my back between my shoil...

Chest pain after being hit

Dear Doctor: Good day to you. While returning home after my night shift last Thursday, I became a victim of attemp...

I'm having chest pains and short breath sharp p...

Hello my name is ashley i have been experiencing shortness of breath and my chest tightened up usually last about 2-5...

Left Chest Pain During/After Eating

Hello, I've been having reoccurring pain in my chest, left arm, and sometimes my left leg. It always occurs during a...

EKG changes post stress test

I was recently hospitalised for post stress test changes on my ekg . It showed prolonged depressed st segment changes...

I have pain in the right side of the chest

I have pain inthe right side of the chest which increases on slight compression or when i try to lie down or wen i tr...

Im scared that this is something really bad. Pl...

If I wear myself out or stay up to long without sleep I will feel like my heart is very tight, my chest has pressure ...

Pleuresy--How do I determine if this is cause ...

what are symptoms of chest pain from Pleuresy?

Should I got to hospital

Hello I have had a cough for last 4 days I am not coughing anything up and I chest is hurting and feels really tight,...

Detached rib

I think that my 10th rib is detached from the cartilage. I can feel the detached end of the rib. I feel pressure when...

Lot of meds

Hello. I'm wanting some help. My wife 40 years old. Is on a lot of different meds ,alirgent to a lot of meds an stuf...

Alcohol poisoning, chest pain next day

My girlfriend had just been alcohol poisoned. Her frends were stupid enough to thing everything would be okay. She wa...

Sharp Pain Under left side of ribcage.

Hey I am 19 years of age and consider myself to be a light smoker

Breathing Problem

My grandmother is around 54 years old and She is having problem in breathing. Echo-cardiography was done and doctors ...

Having sharp chest pains

"I've been haveing sharp chest pains on my left side. A month ago I was taken to hospital with an irregular hear...

smoked for nine years and recently quit

Hi, I am a 26 year old male, I smoked for nine years but recently quit, I have started having sharp almost stabbing p...

Chest coldness

Im getting pain in my chest and feeling like very very cold for about 10 seconds every time I get offended or getting...

Swollen glands in neck

I have swollen glands in my neck and I have been to the doctor for it several times. I have been on antibiotics for i...

Chest pain with dizziness and uneven pupils

I have had this pain/discomfort in the middle of my chest for over a year now. (Along with dizziness, fatigue, ears r...

urgent help required for chest pain

Hi Doctor I am 27 year old I have pain in my center chest as I wake up in the morning and pain remains for some tim...

Post Your Thoughts