Question :

Intermittent chest pains

I'm a 34 year old male.(6'2 235lbs) I have been having tight chest pains off and on for the past 10yrs or so. I have been to a Cardiologist (when I was 25) and did a bunch of tests (EKG,Stress,Blood Ect) and he said I was fine. I have not had any pains for about a year or so until last night. I always get them at night while watchin tv, just before bedtime. It feels like my chest has a lump in the middle of it and its hard to breath. I usually roll around in bed in pain for a few hours and it goes away. When I have a drink of water it feels like it moves or weakens for about 10secs then comes back. I went to my Doctor and she said I was fine. I have a history of heart disease in my family, I lost my Dad when he was only 56 of his second heart attack. Any Ideas??

Thanks
Ron

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There are many causes of chest pain, including pain arising from the heart, lungs, upper gastrointestinal system and chest wall. Cardiac chest pain is typically worse on exertion and is often associated with shortness of breath. Based on the history you provide, cardiac chest pain seems an unlikely diagnosis because your pain occurs at night, while at rest. It may be helpful to note in a diary how often the pain is occurring, at what time of the day, what you are doing when the pain starts, how long it lasts for and what relieves the pain. I would advise attending your family doctor, with a diary of your symptoms, to obtain a diagnosis for your symptoms.

Questions related to Chest Pain

I feel a sharp pain in the center of my chest a...

I'm 15 years old and I grew up in Mexico where it's common for one to eat spicy food or acidic snacks and when I eat ...

Pain in penis and chest pain

Why do i have chest pain and penis pain chest is sour

Lower chest pain (Where the ribs start, is it C...

Hi 4-5 days ago I started to have pain in my lower chest from where the ribs start and I did alittle research and I t...

Upper right-sided chest pain with no apparent c...

I'm a 31 y/o woman. For the last couple of months I have had intermittent but not serious pain on my right side (high...

Lower Chest pain (Beginning of Ribs)

Hi, just this morning before working out and after playing basketball, I started feeling pain right under my chest fr...

Lower Chest Pain (Beginning of rib cage)

Alternatives to Brilinta

I've been on Brilinta for just over 6 months for 2 drug eluding stents I had put in as a result of my heart attack in...

Chest pain and migraines

I am a 25 year old female. I am tired during the day, but do not sleep well at night. About 2 weeks ago I had a sharp...

I really need answers

Hi i am a 28 year old female who has svt and ingenia i keep having chest pain that goes into my back between my shoil...

Chest pain after being hit

Dear Doctor: Good day to you. While returning home after my night shift last Thursday, I became a victim of attemp...

I'm having chest pains and short breath sharp p...

Hello my name is ashley i have been experiencing shortness of breath and my chest tightened up usually last about 2-5...

Left Chest Pain During/After Eating

Hello, I've been having reoccurring pain in my chest, left arm, and sometimes my left leg. It always occurs during a...

EKG changes post stress test

I was recently hospitalised for post stress test changes on my ekg . It showed prolonged depressed st segment changes...

I have pain in the right side of the chest

I have pain inthe right side of the chest which increases on slight compression or when i try to lie down or wen i tr...

Im scared that this is something really bad. Pl...

If I wear myself out or stay up to long without sleep I will feel like my heart is very tight, my chest has pressure ...

Pleuresy--How do I determine if this is cause ...

what are symptoms of chest pain from Pleuresy?

Should I got to hospital

Hello I have had a cough for last 4 days I am not coughing anything up and I chest is hurting and feels really tight,...

Detached rib

I think that my 10th rib is detached from the cartilage. I can feel the detached end of the rib. I feel pressure when...

Lot of meds

Hello. I'm wanting some help. My wife 40 years old. Is on a lot of different meds ,alirgent to a lot of meds an stuf...

Alcohol poisoning, chest pain next day

My girlfriend had just been alcohol poisoned. Her frends were stupid enough to thing everything would be okay. She wa...

Sharp Pain Under left side of ribcage.

Hey I am 19 years of age and consider myself to be a light smoker

Breathing Problem

My grandmother is around 54 years old and She is having problem in breathing. Echo-cardiography was done and doctors ...

Having sharp chest pains

"I've been haveing sharp chest pains on my left side. A month ago I was taken to hospital with an irregular hear...

smoked for nine years and recently quit

Hi, I am a 26 year old male, I smoked for nine years but recently quit, I have started having sharp almost stabbing p...

Chest coldness

Im getting pain in my chest and feeling like very very cold for about 10 seconds every time I get offended or getting...

Post Your Thoughts