Question :

UPPER RIGHT QUADRANT PAIN

HELLO! MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN EXPERICING PAIN IN HIS ABDOMEN. IT IS IN THE RIGHT UPPER SIDE BELOW HIS RIBCAGE. THE PAIN WAKES HIM UP IN THE MORNING AND FEELS LIKE HE IS GOING TO THROW UP THE PAIN STAYS ALL DAY. HE HAD BLOOD WORK DONE AND HIS CHOLESTEROL IS HIGH AND HIS VITAMIN D IS LOW. HE WENT FOR A CT SCAN OF HIS ABDOMEN AND PELVIS NO RESULTS BACK YET. WHAT COULD THIS BE?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The pain in the upper right abdomen experienced by your husband could be due to gallbladder stone or due to hepatitis. I would advise your husband to wait for the CT scan reports and also do a liver function test (if not already done), which will help to diagnose between the two. I wish your husband well, take care.

Questions related to Pain

Sensitivity in leg that is moving down towards ...

Hi I am a lady of 53. Two days ago I had a boil or bug bite on my inner upper thigh. I squeezed it to release the p...

Dislocating legs causing knee and ankle pain?

Since I hit puberty (a decade and a half ago), my legs have been dislocating at the hip. Since that's happened I've ...

Could this be a blood clot?

I have had pain in my left leg for over a month. I've had 2 negative ultrasounds and 2 negative d dimers and a normal...

Neck, throat, jaw dull pain

Ok, three times this past year I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the hospital and all 3 times everythi...

What should I do It's hurting really bad

I have pain under my left breast and in my upper left back. Should I go to the Hosital or wait to see my doctor?

Diagnostic needed for stomach pain/cough

Hello, I am a 24 y/o female who exercises regular, of regular weight, and have no history of any health problems....

Pain After Accessory Navicular Surgery

I had an accessory navicular (extra bone) in both of my ankles. The first caused pain when i was around 12 and i ende...

Pain in head, blurred vision

My friend was just sitting at the table and had pressure in her head for 9 seconds and her vision was blurry? Could ...

Help me with my swollen ankel

I'm diabetic and I have been running for exercise. For the past 2 weeks, my left ankle has been swelling. The pain is...

Fell on Knee and 3 weeks later still painful

I fell on a wet concrete floor on my left knee on July 18th! It had a pretty bad bruise. Now on August 8 my knee is r...

Underwear Line Pain, please tell me what to do

I have pain where my underwear line is and it went away with Ibuprofen, but it go worse last night. More than the las...

Pain when walking with a UTI

Three days ago horrible back pain sent me to the ER. Bloodwork, CT scan, and urine was all clear and no kidney stone...

Cause of left leg pain lasting over 2 months in...

I have had pain throughout my left leg for approx. 2 months. The pain is dull and used to be intermittent, but is now...

Very tender ribs, easy bruising.. what could th...

I have rib pain that seems to come and go, sometimes it is in my front ribs underneath my breasts, and then it will g...

Help me ASAP please and thank you!!

I fell today while on a hike with kids going down hill. not to steep. I fell and I belive i twisted my ankle. There w...

Possible Viral Sickness

It started yesterday, as I was already feeling sick "(Cold, Low Energy)" I got this sudden sharp pain that ...

pinched thigh now lump

ok my husband and i were fooling around and he pinched my thigh between his leg under his knee..... well i knew it wo...

swollen and painful toes through knee

I was camping last week and I woke up on the last day and my right foot was very swollen with pain in my big toe and ...

Pain in buttocks due to injury

Yesterday I lost a tube on a water slide then went down hitting all of the tube connections. It hurt my buttocks. I ...

Severe head/neck pain

I have a severe pain in the lower back of my head. It has gotten to the point where I am having troubles sleeping. I ...

HEAD, NECK AND BACK INJURY

In December 2013, while unloading an 18 wheeler the entire load of the truck fell on me. When I got to the ER the doc...

Upper back, head, neck, sinus pain

Since about Feb 3rd (this came on rather acutely), I've been having serious neck tension, minor headaches (consistent...

Right breast is extremely sore

I'm only 17 and right breast has become extremely sore (or i think swollen, not really sure). It's also red and I don...

Wrist Pain

A year ago I was playing in a golf tournament. My hands locked over my putter. I felt intense pain immediately. I rot...

pain on hip region

hi. i have found a lil bump near my pubic hair. its the area next to it and on the part where very fit guys have a &q...

Knot on the back of head

I have a knot on the lower back of my head near the middle, what could it be. It hurts

possible collarbone fracture

I can feel a crack along my collarbone and right under the collarbone where the crack is I have a lump I do have pain...

I woke up with a lump on my elbow, what is it?

this morning i woke up with a random little lump on my elbow and it hurts when i touch it what could it be? 2 days ag...

elbow lump

Slid down stairs.

I was walking down the stairs and just started to slide down the stairs my toes on my left foot right next to the pun...

Hit my hand against corner

Hello, I hit my hand against a corner three days ago. It hurts if I touch or if it softly rubs against anything and ...

sudden pain in my left thigh and trouble walking

Hello! Two days ago, I got up from my desk at work and had sudden pain in my left thigh and trouble walking. It wa...

Lower throat pain when inhaling

"My lower throat hurts when I breath in. My throat is not sore,doesn't hurt when i swallow food or hot drinks or...

Knuckle pain/swelling, please help

my knuckle linked to my middle finger on the right hand it slightly swollen, hurting and i have a tingly feeling, wha...

Perineum Pain

My perineum has been sensitive and seems enlarged or swollen. It blocks a portion of the hole where I release feces t...

Pains in the bottom of my feet

I get pains in the bottom of my feet to where I can barely walk on them when I wake up in the morning and when I'm of...

Red painful bump on left back side of head.

I am a 17 year old male with a painful to the touch lump on the lower left back side of my head. I have seen a docto...

Sore Throat HELP

Will Imitrex (50MG) help relieve the extreme pain in the back of my throat?

Severe pain in thumb

I have had severe pain in thumb, wrist and forearm.. I've had it for 5 months. At first I was told I had De Quervains...

Neck pain

its hard for me to swallow anything and to turn my neck to the right and the pain is a 100 I feel like cutting my nec...

Cut?

I am having pain In places I shouldn't. I think I may have cut where I go pee. How long will it take to heal?

Not sure what to do about my pain!!!

Here is my question Okay First off my family has major back problems my grandfather is disabled with chronic back pa...

Severe Neck/Head pain

What should I do for very frequent neck pain that send stabbing pain into my head. The pain gets bad enough to have t...

Hip numbness and pain

A couple days ago I hurt my back sweeping my kitchen floor. The pain was horrible and made me not want to even be tou...

Numb leg after a week

Hi. A week ago I took a pretty nasty fall and landed on my left leg a little below the knee, and to the left side a b...

Stomach pains

I have been having pain on the left side, under my rib cage and above my hip. The pain has been there for about 2 day...

Do I Need To See A Doctor For Tonsillitis?

Do I need to go to the doctors for tonsillitis? It seems to have gotten better over the past few days but i still see...

Ball of foot pain

Hi, about 45 minutes ago I jumped into the shallow end of the pool and all the weight was located on the ball of my l...

All test came back clear but I still have a pai...

I am eighteen years old and have been seeing a nephrologist for about a year or two now. Recently, in the past couple...

Mild Chest pain under right ribs + abdominal pain

i am feeling mild pain under my right lower rib while pressing it hard for last three month. for last few days there...

Post Your Thoughts