Question :

Burning pain in lower part of the abdomen radiated to groin for two years

Two years ago woke up with a burning sensation in LLQ, since then it is a constant burning in LLQ with left testicular pain and now pain up through left rib cage,, pains increase after bowel momevent and stays elevated for up to 4 hours after bowel momevent but burning sensation is a constant, now i also have vomiting that can only be calmed through injection of zofran or regulan. What could be causing all this?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 The burning sensation that you described in your LLQ, most likely correspond to a Meralgia Paresthetica, this is a type of Neuropathy, which produces a pain occurring from a peripheral nerve inflammation not associated with the spinal cord called Neuritis. The pain in the upper anterior part of the hip and/or LLQ may radiate to the skin of the stomach, resulting from inflammation of a sensory nerve that goes near the Iliac crest and the superficial part of the hip. This type of pain tends to involve just a limited area only. The suggested strategy would be: conservative therapy, such as physical therapy, weight reduction to decrease abdominal girth, local moist heat application, Complex B vitamin, analgesics, and anti-inflammatory drugs as Ibuprofen and avoid wearing constrictive garments, belts, or braces that impart excessive focal pressure at the lateral aspect of the affected hip. If does not get better with these measures it is strongly recommend to be evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon and maybe consider the local corticosteroid injection which may provide more chronic relief of symptoms. You have to be patient because the improvement in these cases does not occur overnight. Regarding the bowel movements and nausea you better consult a Gastroenterologist.

Questions related to Pain

Unusual Bottom-Back Tooth Pain

I recently had a broken tooth filling fixed, but now it feels broken once again. As I bit into a carrot, at least one...

Hurts my thigh when I walk on my heel.

I fell on my leg while skateboarding, and now whenever I try to walk it hurts my upper right thigh. I can do flop ...

Nerve pain in neck hand & foot

My daughter has been having health problems with her foot, hands and neck for the past 6 months. She's had 2 emg and ...

WHAT IS CAUSING THIS DISCOMFORT?

I HAVE DISCOMFORT RIGHT SIDE UNDER RIB CAGE ESPICALLY WHEN I AM SITTING

Back pain, chest, diziness, unwel feeling

Feeling unwel, pain in back, unable to stand upright, loss of balance, dizzy. Loss of weight whilst eating normal.

Female pelvic pain with vomiting and diarrhea

I have been having really bad pelvic pain following sexual intercourse on saturday. I have very runny bowl movements ...

Painful burning penis

I am 28. my penis burns and hurts all the time and is red.. it does not hurt any worse or less when I pee..

Does my shin injury require medical attention?

I hit my shin really hard getting out of our boat yesterday. The area I hit almost immediately swelled up into a gia...

Pain in Lower Leg/Weakness in Leg

I have been researching for the past twenty minutes and have found many answers, but I just want to clarify some info...

19 year old with muscle/joint pain like an old ...

For a couples years I've had lower back pain and jaw pain. A year ago I started having pain in my hips, which would g...

17 and has hip pain?

I'm 17 and recently my right hip has started to hurt. It doesn't hurt much at all but it still has some pulsing pain....

My leg and foot turn deep purple and I recently...

I broke my foot almost 8 weeks ago. I have been walking of foot for a couple of weeks. My leg and foot turn really ...

Tailbone pain when sitting prior to bowel movement

For the past two weeks I have experienced occasional tailbone pain. It only occurs when I sit down within an hour or ...

Sensitivity in leg that is moving down towards ...

Hi I am a lady of 53. Two days ago I had a boil or bug bite on my inner upper thigh. I squeezed it to release the p...

Dislocating legs causing knee and ankle pain?

Since I hit puberty (a decade and a half ago), my legs have been dislocating at the hip. Since that's happened I've ...

Could this be a blood clot?

I have had pain in my left leg for over a month. I've had 2 negative ultrasounds and 2 negative d dimers and a normal...

Neck, throat, jaw dull pain

Ok, three times this past year I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the hospital and all 3 times everythi...

What should I do It's hurting really bad

I have pain under my left breast and in my upper left back. Should I go to the Hosital or wait to see my doctor?

Diagnostic needed for stomach pain/cough

Hello, I am a 24 y/o female who exercises regular, of regular weight, and have no history of any health problems....

Pain After Accessory Navicular Surgery

I had an accessory navicular (extra bone) in both of my ankles. The first caused pain when i was around 12 and i ende...

Pain in head, blurred vision

My friend was just sitting at the table and had pressure in her head for 9 seconds and her vision was blurry? Could ...

Help me with my swollen ankel

I'm diabetic and I have been running for exercise. For the past 2 weeks, my left ankle has been swelling. The pain is...

Fell on Knee and 3 weeks later still painful

I fell on a wet concrete floor on my left knee on July 18th! It had a pretty bad bruise. Now on August 8 my knee is r...

Underwear Line Pain, please tell me what to do

I have pain where my underwear line is and it went away with Ibuprofen, but it go worse last night. More than the las...

Pain when walking with a UTI

Three days ago horrible back pain sent me to the ER. Bloodwork, CT scan, and urine was all clear and no kidney stone...

Post Your Thoughts