Question :

Irregular menstruation with pain

My menstrual cycle has been irregular , as it occurs every 13 -16 days , where it should be 28 days. I also suffer from severe lower abdominal pain while period.I am a virgin so would you recommend anything I should do or take any medication or is there any home remedies?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Menstrual cramps or dysmenorrhea could be severe enough to limit normal activities and may require medication. Most of the time no underlying cause can be found (primary dysmenorrhea). However, since you also have irregular periods, you will definitely need to see your doctor/gynecologist to rule out other underlying causes such as endometriosis, ovarian cysts, uterine leiomyoma, pelvic inflammatory disease, adhesions and uterine polyps. Diagnosis would depend on a thorough history and physical examination, blood work, urinalysis and an ultrasound.

Questions related to Pain

Back pain, chest, diziness, unwel feeling

Feeling unwel, pain in back, unable to stand upright, loss of balance, dizzy. Loss of weight whilst eating normal.

Female pelvic pain with vomiting and diarrhea

I have been having really bad pelvic pain following sexual intercourse on saturday. I have very runny bowl movements ...

My leg and foot turn deep purple and I recently...

I broke my foot almost 8 weeks ago. I have been walking of foot for a couple of weeks. My leg and foot turn really ...

Tailbone pain when sitting prior to bowel movement

For the past two weeks I have experienced occasional tailbone pain. It only occurs when I sit down within an hour or ...

Sensitivity in leg that is moving down towards ...

Hi I am a lady of 53. Two days ago I had a boil or bug bite on my inner upper thigh. I squeezed it to release the p...

Dislocating legs causing knee and ankle pain?

Since I hit puberty (a decade and a half ago), my legs have been dislocating at the hip. Since that's happened I've ...

Could this be a blood clot?

I have had pain in my left leg for over a month. I've had 2 negative ultrasounds and 2 negative d dimers and a normal...

Neck, throat, jaw dull pain

Ok, three times this past year I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the hospital and all 3 times everythi...

What should I do It's hurting really bad

I have pain under my left breast and in my upper left back. Should I go to the Hosital or wait to see my doctor?

Diagnostic needed for stomach pain/cough

Hello, I am a 24 y/o female who exercises regular, of regular weight, and have no history of any health problems....

Pain After Accessory Navicular Surgery

I had an accessory navicular (extra bone) in both of my ankles. The first caused pain when i was around 12 and i ende...

Pain in head, blurred vision

My friend was just sitting at the table and had pressure in her head for 9 seconds and her vision was blurry? Could ...

Help me with my swollen ankel

I'm diabetic and I have been running for exercise. For the past 2 weeks, my left ankle has been swelling. The pain is...

Fell on Knee and 3 weeks later still painful

I fell on a wet concrete floor on my left knee on July 18th! It had a pretty bad bruise. Now on August 8 my knee is r...

Underwear Line Pain, please tell me what to do

I have pain where my underwear line is and it went away with Ibuprofen, but it go worse last night. More than the las...

Pain when walking with a UTI

Three days ago horrible back pain sent me to the ER. Bloodwork, CT scan, and urine was all clear and no kidney stone...

Cause of left leg pain lasting over 2 months in...

I have had pain throughout my left leg for approx. 2 months. The pain is dull and used to be intermittent, but is now...

Very tender ribs, easy bruising.. what could th...

I have rib pain that seems to come and go, sometimes it is in my front ribs underneath my breasts, and then it will g...

Help me ASAP please and thank you!!

I fell today while on a hike with kids going down hill. not to steep. I fell and I belive i twisted my ankle. There w...

Possible Viral Sickness

It started yesterday, as I was already feeling sick "(Cold, Low Energy)" I got this sudden sharp pain that ...

pinched thigh now lump

ok my husband and i were fooling around and he pinched my thigh between his leg under his knee..... well i knew it wo...

swollen and painful toes through knee

I was camping last week and I woke up on the last day and my right foot was very swollen with pain in my big toe and ...

Pain in buttocks due to injury

Yesterday I lost a tube on a water slide then went down hitting all of the tube connections. It hurt my buttocks. I ...

Severe head/neck pain

I have a severe pain in the lower back of my head. It has gotten to the point where I am having troubles sleeping. I ...

HEAD, NECK AND BACK INJURY

In December 2013, while unloading an 18 wheeler the entire load of the truck fell on me. When I got to the ER the doc...

Post Your Thoughts