Question :

Headache, stiff neck nausea, swollen throat for a week

I have had a very stiff, painfull nek with a migraine every day now for a week. Other symptoms are nausia, dissiness, fatique and my throat feels swolen...do I need to see a doctor, or will it pass?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 I strongly recommend you to see your doctor, because those symptoms that you described may be significant of a meningeal (membranes that line the brain) infectious process going on or some other upper respiratory tract infection that requires immediate treatment. These two have to be rule out asap.

Questions related to Infections

Soreness, redness and swelling as a result of a...

I had an IV in my arm that was removed on Thursday August 15th. The area hurts now. It is puffy and a little red. Wha...

Skin Condition, Thigh

First question, so here goes. I'm a tall guy, 6ft4 and all seats are too small for me, so when I sit, I end up wit...

This is the first time I ever felt like this af...

Please don't judge. I self harmed about 3 days ago and got stitches. The day I got back I felt fine but the next day ...

Infected tattoo its swollen very red and sore.

I got a tattoo on thursday, its swollen, red all around it and now its swollen up on my wrist. its very sore. i need ...

Do I have a resistant infection?

Nurse, never take antibiotics until sick forever believe most infections are viral. Had sore throat three weeks fina...

Infection causng body odor

Hello, I've been having a foul odor coming form scalp,nose,in between thighs and vagina along with some vaginal itchi...

Sore white spots on bottom of tongue

I have noticed that as the afternoon went on my tongue started t o feel sore in a couple spots well late this afterno...

Popped zit leaves hard black swollen spot under...

I break out on occasion (not often but I am OCD and tend to try to get rid of any imperfections I spot without being ...

"Help me" What should i do?? ESR is ...

I m suffering from fever from last 5 days. Today my doctor took my blood test and its details are : Haemoglobin -- 1...

Infection in lungs- Cough

My Son 2 yr old suffering from cough. Doctor first prescribed antibiotic Amoxicillin and Claulanate suspention bid. S...

genital pinworm treatment

My sister has been diagnosed with an acute pinworm infection that is also affecting the vagina, what is the best trea...

Lip Infection

i bite my lip a lot and about 3 days ago i noticed swelling and discoloration. Today there is a sticky substance on m...

Finger cut

I have a small deep cut on the tip of my middle finger and i want to know ways to heal it at home. The cut doesn't lo...

Penile Infection?

Hello my name in hunter and I've been very concerned about an issue going on with what I believe to be a Type of infe...

My piercing is  lodged beneath the sur...

Five years ago I got dermal piercings on my hips. When the piercer was putting them in, he lost a piece of the pierci...

Is there an over the counter alternative for Zi...

Is there any over the counter medicine like zithromax?

Vaginal Irritation

"My vagina is burning but I'm still peeing normally!? I am using Mens Body Wash+Shampoo. Could that cause irrit...

Rabies Vaccine

I got a pre-exposure complete vaccination for Rabies 8 months back. However, 2 months back i was again scratched by a...

Chance of rabies exposure?

Ok this is a long one, but earlier today i went into my shed to get chlorine tablets for my pool and on top of the co...

Vaginal pain

"Excruciating pain in the vulva outside the vaginal opening, I have been on a couple of doses of anti biotics bu...

oyster cut

On a fishing trip in big lake, a salt water lake in south Louisiana I stepped on an oyster bed. I got a small cut on ...

Amoebiasis

I am 25 years old with type 1 diabetes and Crohn's disease. Both are under control however. Now I have Amoebiasis for...

About Mono

Hello, when I was 6 years old I had kissing disease, I think it's called mono? well Now I'm 18 years old and I wonder...

1x1 wound on left leg from boating accident

Hi, I'm a 17 year old guy from sweden. My father was in an accident close to our boat where he created a 1x1 wound. T...

Red, Swollen, Painful Elbow

Hit elbow yesterday, hurt a little . Last night notice it was sore and kept rubbing, turned red and started swelling....

Pinworm relief

How soon should I feel relief after taking medication forpinworms .....I took the medication ...I've never had it bef...

Group b strep

I am group b strep positive and miscarried. I had a d and e done two days after miscarriage. And I got really sick th...

Possibly cellulitis??

Hi Doctor. My right pinky toe is extremely swollen, purplish, and very painful to put weight on. Walking is diffic...

Barnacles pierced my finger and toe tips

I was recently swimming in a cove in Nicaragua when I got caught in an undertow and was slammed against rocks. Fighti...

Can I catch E.Coli from my cat?

can I catch ecoli from my cat

Can you get an infection from using dirty sciss...

Hi, I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous but I am hoping a medical professional will give me some info/advice. My...

Sore throat/white spots on the back of the thro...

Hello doctor, I need your help with a problem I have. I had an on and off sore throat for the past month or so. Wh...

Do i have rabies from an indoor rabbit bite

Can i get rabies from a indoor rabbit? I was bitten by my rabbit on 2 june and today is 17 i'm really scared of rabie...

Extreme Abscess ...

Hi, I'm having a difficult time at persuading my friend to go to the ER tonight...Here's the situation. We're both IV...

Multiple Infections in short period of time

What can cause multiple infections, within a short period of time? i.e 3 weeks

Gauze got wet. Is there chance of infection?

I had a 1-1/2 sebaceous cyst removed when it became infected. The guaze for the open wound got wet, and I don't see t...

Used rusty scissors to trim pubic hair. Can I g...

Ok, So I did something REALLY stupid today (I'm so mad at myself). So today I wanted to trim my private area, just to...

infection on finger, discharge is crystal clear...

infection on finger ; discharge is crystal clear and sticky

Is Elephantiasis contagious through mosquitos?

Sir, I am staying in a mansion. I have a person suffering from elephantiasis staying in my next room. is it possible ...

Is there a chance of infection with catheritiza...

hello, i am 15 years old and have to catheterize, i have been doing this for just over 10 years. Recently i have been...

Pimple like sores all over body

Hi there i have been having a few skin issues over the last 4 years, im 24 now but i have pimple like sores around my...

Small brown spots on body that are spreading

Hello Doctor, I could find small small brown dot spots under my underarm and back of my body, which is spreading and ...

Infected finger getting worse after antibiotics

I went to a doctor for an infected finger he gave me some antibiotics and Motrin know two days later it's swollen to...

accidentally ate a rat bitten bread and chest i...

I accidentally ate a rat bitten bread, what should I do

Human rabies

Dear Doctor, On 23/Feb 2014 I was scratched by a kitten. I am not too sure if the fellow bit me. I tried to catch ...

My big toe is infected...

I believe I have an infection under my big toe nail. There was pus under my name. I started cutting my toe nail to re...

Do I have infection in thumb under nail?

someone scratched me about two summers ago,..on thumb right under finger nail,..he did it intentionally but I didn't ...

2 years with a bleeding bump on my tailbone!!

Hi there, I'm enquiring about a bump on my tailbone. This bump grows into a tender bubble and eventually bursts and s...

Proteus infection and kidney stones

My boyfriend started having trouble with kidney stones 6 months ago (had 7 stones confirmed by ct scan in July). 1 l...

bitten by a dog and i just got rabies shots, im...

Good day Doc! I got bitten by a dog on my lips(inner and outer part of my lips) last january 16 at 2am, i got my anti...

Post Your Thoughts