Question :

Vesicular and itchy rash in the lower legs

I have water blisters that comes on the front shin,sides, calves itches real bad burns on both legs i am overweight with bad knees lowers back problems so i cant walk and exercise properly

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 Most likely you may be experiencing a bacterial infection of the upper layers of the skin called Impetigo caused by streptococcus or Staphylococcus bacteria. The most common form of impetigo often occurs on the face or limbs, and is known for its "honey-colored" crust. This crust often looks like small blisters. Impetigo is often diagnosed clinically, based on the characteristic appearance. However, because impetigo can be confused with several other skin conditions, certain tests may be needed to make the diagnosis. The most common diagnostic tests performed are a gram stain or bacterial culture obtained by swabbing the base of a lesion with a cotton swab. The treatment is with topical antibiotics applied to the area until the lesion is gone. Sometimes in more severe cases oral antibiotics are required.

Questions related to Infections

Dermatitis Skin condition

As I know ingrown hairs is an skin infection known as Staphylococcus etc, and would a person be able to eventually cu...

What to do about my toilet spill situation....

I need to tell you a little story. I was at my brothers the other night. I used his toilet and it overflowed. I got t...

What should I do after a toilet spill? See my d...

Soreness, redness and swelling as a result of a...

I had an IV in my arm that was removed on Thursday August 15th. The area hurts now. It is puffy and a little red. Wha...

Yellow discharge 2 weeks after surgery

Hi I had torsion surgery 2 weeks ago today and where the incision is there is some yellow puss is this a sign of i...

Severe toothache with Bad infecton!!!

I have severe toothache pain. I have an infection and the whole left side of my check and jaw are swollen. The pain i...

I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE!

I am 17 yeas old and i have been sexually active for a few months now but i stopped. i realized every time i had sex ...

Skin Condition, Thigh

First question, so here goes. I'm a tall guy, 6ft4 and all seats are too small for me, so when I sit, I end up wit...

This is the first time I ever felt like this af...

Please don't judge. I self harmed about 3 days ago and got stitches. The day I got back I felt fine but the next day ...

After H. Pylori Eradication

If a stool antigen test for H Pylori is completed 3 days after finishing antibiotics, is it accurate or can it be a f...

Infected tattoo its swollen very red and sore.

I got a tattoo on thursday, its swollen, red all around it and now its swollen up on my wrist. its very sore. i need ...

Do I have a resistant infection?

Nurse, never take antibiotics until sick forever believe most infections are viral. Had sore throat three weeks fina...

Infection causng body odor

Hello, I've been having a foul odor coming form scalp,nose,in between thighs and vagina along with some vaginal itchi...

Sore white spots on bottom of tongue

I have noticed that as the afternoon went on my tongue started t o feel sore in a couple spots well late this afterno...

Popped zit leaves hard black swollen spot under...

I break out on occasion (not often but I am OCD and tend to try to get rid of any imperfections I spot without being ...

"Help me" What should i do?? ESR is ...

I m suffering from fever from last 5 days. Today my doctor took my blood test and its details are : Haemoglobin -- 1...

Infection in lungs- Cough

My Son 2 yr old suffering from cough. Doctor first prescribed antibiotic Amoxicillin and Claulanate suspention bid. S...

genital pinworm treatment

My sister has been diagnosed with an acute pinworm infection that is also affecting the vagina, what is the best trea...

Lip Infection

i bite my lip a lot and about 3 days ago i noticed swelling and discoloration. Today there is a sticky substance on m...

Finger cut

I have a small deep cut on the tip of my middle finger and i want to know ways to heal it at home. The cut doesn't lo...

Penile Infection?

Hello my name in hunter and I've been very concerned about an issue going on with what I believe to be a Type of infe...

My piercing is  lodged beneath the sur...

Five years ago I got dermal piercings on my hips. When the piercer was putting them in, he lost a piece of the pierci...

Is there an over the counter alternative for Zi...

Is there any over the counter medicine like zithromax?

Vaginal Irritation

"My vagina is burning but I'm still peeing normally!? I am using Mens Body Wash+Shampoo. Could that cause irrit...

Rabies Vaccine

I got a pre-exposure complete vaccination for Rabies 8 months back. However, 2 months back i was again scratched by a...

Post Your Thoughts