Question :

Ear Lobe Infection: what can i do?

Hello, I'm a 21 year old male and I think I might have an ear lobe infection. I pierced my left ear about 8 months ago and ever since then have had like a scab on my ear. Also, my left ear now seems longer then my right ear (which is not pierced) and my left ear lobe also has an unnatural curve to it. Ever since I've got my ears pieced, I've taken out and put in an earring daily. Recently, though I've not put in an earring for about a month to see if it'll go away, but it still hasn't. Is there anyway to get my ear back to normal? If so, how?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
From your description as well as the picture that you have sent it seems that you have developed something called a keloid which forms when there is improper healing of the skin tissue after a trauma in your case the piercing. Unfortunately there is no major medication which has shown to be helpful , but you can try a steroid cream for local application

Questions related to Infections

Soreness, redness and swelling as a result of a...

I had an IV in my arm that was removed on Thursday August 15th. The area hurts now. It is puffy and a little red. Wha...

I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE!

I am 17 yeas old and i have been sexually active for a few months now but i stopped. i realized every time i had sex ...

Skin Condition, Thigh

First question, so here goes. I'm a tall guy, 6ft4 and all seats are too small for me, so when I sit, I end up wit...

This is the first time I ever felt like this af...

Please don't judge. I self harmed about 3 days ago and got stitches. The day I got back I felt fine but the next day ...

After H. Pylori Eradication

If a stool antigen test for H Pylori is completed 3 days after finishing antibiotics, is it accurate or can it be a f...

Infected tattoo its swollen very red and sore.

I got a tattoo on thursday, its swollen, red all around it and now its swollen up on my wrist. its very sore. i need ...

Do I have a resistant infection?

Nurse, never take antibiotics until sick forever believe most infections are viral. Had sore throat three weeks fina...

Infection causng body odor

Hello, I've been having a foul odor coming form scalp,nose,in between thighs and vagina along with some vaginal itchi...

Sore white spots on bottom of tongue

I have noticed that as the afternoon went on my tongue started t o feel sore in a couple spots well late this afterno...

Popped zit leaves hard black swollen spot under...

I break out on occasion (not often but I am OCD and tend to try to get rid of any imperfections I spot without being ...

"Help me" What should i do?? ESR is ...

I m suffering from fever from last 5 days. Today my doctor took my blood test and its details are : Haemoglobin -- 1...

Infection in lungs- Cough

My Son 2 yr old suffering from cough. Doctor first prescribed antibiotic Amoxicillin and Claulanate suspention bid. S...

genital pinworm treatment

My sister has been diagnosed with an acute pinworm infection that is also affecting the vagina, what is the best trea...

Lip Infection

i bite my lip a lot and about 3 days ago i noticed swelling and discoloration. Today there is a sticky substance on m...

Finger cut

I have a small deep cut on the tip of my middle finger and i want to know ways to heal it at home. The cut doesn't lo...

Penile Infection?

Hello my name in hunter and I've been very concerned about an issue going on with what I believe to be a Type of infe...

My piercing is  lodged beneath the sur...

Five years ago I got dermal piercings on my hips. When the piercer was putting them in, he lost a piece of the pierci...

Is there an over the counter alternative for Zi...

Is there any over the counter medicine like zithromax?

Vaginal Irritation

"My vagina is burning but I'm still peeing normally!? I am using Mens Body Wash+Shampoo. Could that cause irrit...

Rabies Vaccine

I got a pre-exposure complete vaccination for Rabies 8 months back. However, 2 months back i was again scratched by a...

Chance of rabies exposure?

Ok this is a long one, but earlier today i went into my shed to get chlorine tablets for my pool and on top of the co...

Vaginal pain

"Excruciating pain in the vulva outside the vaginal opening, I have been on a couple of doses of anti biotics bu...

oyster cut

On a fishing trip in big lake, a salt water lake in south Louisiana I stepped on an oyster bed. I got a small cut on ...

Amoebiasis

I am 25 years old with type 1 diabetes and Crohn's disease. Both are under control however. Now I have Amoebiasis for...

About Mono

Hello, when I was 6 years old I had kissing disease, I think it's called mono? well Now I'm 18 years old and I wonder...

Post Your Thoughts