Question :

CONSTANT BACK PAIN

i have been suffering from lower back pain in my left side only for 8-10 weeks now i have been to my gp several times he thought it was pluerisy at first then the pain travelled up to my shoulder area for about a week then it returned to my lower back again sent to hospital for ct scan cos he thought it might be a clot but results came back clear in the meantime i had to have a smear test done and theres visible lesions on my cervix booked in for a coloposcope next week would the two of them be connected i still have the back pain

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
It may or may not; in the view that your CT scan came back normal I strongly recommend to wait for the colposcopy results. The fact that the CT scan does not show any bone lesion or nerve compression, rules out a disc hernia or other acute condition producing the low back pain, then maybe you are having a Mechanical low back pain (LBP) .Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks. Sometimes it may complicate with a sciatic nerve inflammation. The suggested strategy would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: keep the weight under control, because the overweight suppose additional stress to the lumbar spine,  control the pain and the inflammatory process, relative rest, flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles. You  can keep taking anti inflammatory medication (“Motrin”, “Aleve”) and  follow these general recommendations: sleeping with a pillow between the knees while lying on one side may increase comfort, lying on your back with a pillow under the knees.

Questions related to Lower Back Pain

ankle pain knee pian arch pain

instep pain ankle pain knee pain arch pain

Coccygodynia from to much sitting

Hello, Due to nature of my job i sit all day long in front of the PC. I was diagnosed a coccygodynia. Now, i know...

Weird Back and Stomach pain

8 days ago I started having sever pain in my right hip and back area. The pain can be dull to sharp then back to dul...

Chronic pain and also suffer from thyroid condi...

Im a female 37 , i suffer from chronic pains such a chronic migraines ,bulging herniated disk thoracic neck, lower ba...

Ongoing lower back spasms

Several times a year I throw out my lower back on the right side just above my hip. I'm sure it's a muscle spasm sit...

Possible Cauda Equina Syndrome due to Degenerat...

I have degenerative disc disease. When I had insurance, they fused my neck and talked about the next fusion would b...

Report of Lumbosacral Spine X-rays

My mum went for an x-ray and has gotten her results. As I wasn't present and my mum couldn't explain to me what the ...

Possible causes of Dull pain in the lower side ...

what causes lower side back pain. its a dull type of pain.

Left side lower back pain in a teenager

Im having lower back pain in my left side mainly where my kiddney is.. is this a problem? i started having these pai...

Painful lump at the end of my spine

I recently hit my tailbone on a hard surface and since then have had a painful raised bump at the bottom of my back,...

When does a suture need to be removed?

Hello i had a coccygectomy 19 days ago. my doctor has now gone on holiday and said he would take my stitches out in ...

Post spine surgery pain, scoliosis and depression

Hello! My mom had a lumbar disc herniation surgery a few years ago. The herniation was pressing upon a spinal nerv. ...

A 84 years old woman with a L5 fracture

Dear Doctors: I want to know what can happen when a 84 year woman has a fracture on Lumbar number five and what can ...

Vomiting and back pain while on period

I am a 26 yr old female. I started my period yesterday and the pain is much worse than normal.. Especially in my ba...

Numbness and Pain in Lower Leg

I have numb sore feeling in the upper part of my leg. About 3 weeks ago I woke up with a sore back on my spine in th...

Back pain with numbness of the right leg

I have pain in my lower right side and the numness goes down my right side through my buttocks and thigh to my knee ...

Back pain radiated to the hips for one year now

Dear doc, i am a 28yr old man living in kenya. My problem is, i have had severe lower back pain down to my hip since...

Spina bifida problems getting worse

After getting into a car wreck 3 years ago I was diagnosed with spina bifida. They found it on the x ray during my e...

Lower back pain radiated to the hip since yeste...

Yesterday I began having pain in my right lower back. I took prescription naproxen to help with pain thought maybe I...

Lumbar Spinal canal narrowed with facet degener...

i'm still experiencing l4 l5 lumbar pain and radiating to the buttocks and left leg i want to know what kind of treat...

Treatment options for Spondylolisthesis

I am a 58yr old woman suffering from severe back pain that spreads to both legs.i had done my MRI scan which states...

Can a Herniated Disc Cause Unstable Spondylolis...

I had x-ray and MRI images taken for chronic lower back pain and numbness of the legs upon standing. Two different ...

Severe and persistent Lumbar pain radiated to l...

1st mri finding: l4 l5 large central extrusion is seen which impresses on the exiting right l4 nerve root and the de...

Lumbar pain after spine surgery 3 years ago

Had L5 fusion 3yrs ago. 2 rods are still in-attached to tailbone and top attachment unsure where tho xrays show apx ...

Cant Straighten My Lower Back

Hi, My lower back keeps popping out of alignment. Its happened about 8 times so far. I cant straighten in varying...

Post Your Thoughts