CONSTANT BACK PAIN

i have been suffering from lower back pain in my left side only for 8-10 weeks now i have been to my gp several times he thought it was pluerisy at first then the pain travelled up to my shoulder area for about a week then it returned to my lower back again sent to hospital for ct scan cos he thought it might be a clot but results came back clear in the meantime i had to have a smear test done and theres visible lesions on my cervix booked in for a coloposcope next week would the two of them be connected i still have the back pain

Dear Patient:  It may or may not; in the view that your CT scan came back normal I strongly recommend to wait for the colposcopy results. The fact that the CT scan does not show any bone lesion or nerve compression, rules out a disc hernia or other acute condition producing the low back pain, then maybe you are having a Mechanical low back pain (LBP) .Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks. Sometimes it may complicate with a sciatic nerve inflammation. The suggested strategy would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: keep the weight under control, because the overweight suppose additional stress to the lumbar spine,  control the pain and the inflammatory process, relative rest, flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles. You  can keep taking anti inflammatory medication (“Motrin”, “Aleve”) and  follow these general recommendations: sleeping with a pillow between the knees while lying on one side may increase comfort, lying on your back with a pillow under the knees.

Please login or signup to post comments!

SEARCH: