Question :

Protruding belly button

I am a 52 year old male and about 6 months ago I noticed the top portion of my belly button was proturding. What caused this and is it something to be concerned about. There is no pain associated with the situation, however it is noticable when wearing shirts.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Your protuding belly button could be a sign of umbilical hernia. This is caused when the abdominal lining or a part of the abdominal organ protrudes through the area around the belly button. This is commonly seen if the patient is obese. Usually, no treatment is needed unless the hernia starts to become bigger or if there is a chance that the bowel may protrude and the blood supply to that portion be cut off, in which case surgical correction is the best option.

Questions related to Men's Health

Is my 4 inch penis(erect) as a 14 year old norm...

Is 4 inches penis size too small for a 14 years old? Is it normal? Will it grow to my dream size which is 7 inches or...

Small cluster of very hard lumps under the skin...

Hello, on the base to the left of my penis there's a small cluster of extremely hard, irregular shaped things under t...

Missing appendix that has not been removed

Are there any reason why an appendix would not show up on an abdominal CT scan?

Is it possible to ejaculate without realizing i...

I am a 38 year old male that has just had sex for the first time. My questions are: Is it possible for a male to ejac...

Severe anus itch(above and below)

I have an embarrassing question to ask. I have been almost too embarrassed to ask my doctor about it. for the last ye...

Injured Vas Deferens; 4 year injury

In the sixth grade, i got in a school fight and i got kneed in the balls. Several years have passed and ever since th...

Advice on products that cure or alleviate Liche...

I am a 48 year old male.I have had lichen sclerosis for about 15 years. I have seen specialist, but not recently. Lat...

Circumcision Dried Blood

I just got circumcised a while ago (5-10 days ago) and I've gotten a dry blood ring that's on the stitches on my peni...

Mixing Medications Together

My son has been prescribed by a couple of different doctors Hydrobromide 40 mg (Not sure of the dosage); Lithium 300 ...

Is drinking 4 red bulls everyday not good for you?

I was wondering if it is okay to drink 3-4 red bull energy drinks daily. I really like them and find that they give m...

Left Leg lack of strength

My boyfriend woke up two days ago complaining that his left leg from the knee down felt like it was asleep. It has no...

Is drinking 2 cups of green tea daily help with...

Is drinking 2 cups of green tea a day okay for you? I heard that it is one component that helps with weight loss?

Low testosterone levels in a 34 year old active...

I think I have low testosterone levels. What is the best way to have the testosterone levels checked? I am a 34 year ...

pain and numbness

I have a lump on my arm on same side of my body where I previously 2yrs ago where I had clot from picline that is get...

I have black lines on my fingernails, what coul...

i have several thin black lines under both thumb nails,is this something that could need immediate attention?

Gynecomastia

Hello. Since my teenage years, I've had problem with male breasts. Even as a healthy athlete in school, I suffered wi...

How long till I can drink after a varicocelectomy

My doctor said I shouldn't drink alcohol for a whole year after my varicocelectomy. Is that how long you should norma...

Is this male infertility?

Single 45 yr old male. Intercourse 2-3 times a week. No constant partner (age 20 - 27 yrs old females). My sex drive ...

Is my nose broken or will it be fine on it's own

Went to a concert Monday got hit good in the nose got a cut and started bleeding. Been putting ice on it and taking i...

Nausea, diarrhea and low sex drive

What would make a male feel tired nausaed dizzy dirraha and low sex drive... For three weeks

Throbbing sensation under left rib cage

My boyfriend has a throbbing sensation under his left rib cage. He showed no symptoms until after we had sex and he w...

Discoloration in large toenails

Is the discoloration in my large toenails of something that I should be concerned about?

Electrician

Doc, I have a hard pea sized lump on the top middle of my right testicle. I have noticed this for just over a month. ...

Nose Bleeds

Hey everybody I'm David,17 years old, experiencing a lot of nosebleeds like 8 in 48 hours & I don't know what is ...

Swollen and Sensitive Right Nipple

Hello, I am a fairly healthy 16 year old male. I have the condition pectus excavatum, so my chest area looks odd, alt...

Post Your Thoughts