Question :

Bad Side Effects of Adderall

I have been on adderall for almost a year....I take 20mg at 6am, 25mg at 12...30mg at 3:30 and my last 20mg at 6. I am also on trazodone to help me sleep, along with abilify for bipolar. Previous to adderall, I had an eating disorder for ten years, was always angry, extremely violent and depressed, however, ever since I have been on all of the medications, my mood is happy, I get things done, I do not feel depressed. My doctor all of a sudden wants to wean me off adderall, starting by 20 mg a day. Do you think this is a good idea, because I feel that all of the medication is for once actually working, and Im nervous I will go back to my out of control binging and drinking habbits.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I think you should be asking your doctor why he/she is planning to wean you from Adderall; however, Adderall has a high potential for dependence. Adderall can also increase blood pressure, which also increases the risk of strokes and heart attacks. These could be the reasons behind your doctor’s decision. If you had recent blood tests done, or your blood pressure on your last visit was higher than usual, then weaning off from Adderall will have more benefits. I suggest you talk to your doctor thoroughly about this, in a non-offensive way of course, and let your doctor know about your apprehensions as well. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.

Questions related to Mental Health

Thioridazine availability

I work in a mental/behavioral health clinic and we have a client who has been taking thioridazine for many years. We...

feeling like i am somewhere else

i feel like my surroundings are somewhere i have been before i live in the middle of nowhere and only get to town abo...

Talking to yourself

Hello, Growing up I can always remember my dad muttering and talking to himself. He never realized when he did it ...

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Hi I was wondering that sometimes I repeat things many times such as if I touch something I feel like something's bad...

Self injury

From a psychological professionals point of view , would you be more concerned to hear a patient is cutting or burnin...

Mental issues arised from prolonged computer usage

Health Issues caused by prolonged computer usage?

Sister who is autistic sitting in her own feces

My sister is autistic with mild retardation. She thinks like an 8 yr old. She hurt her knee three yrs ago and stopped...

Do I have a mental disorder?

Hi, im wondering if I have a disorder. I am 16.

What mental disorder does she have?

Since I can remember my mother has always had a terrible rage, which I now believe to be stress caused. She becomes s...

Should I seek help in person?

Hey, I'm 17 years old and I'm just curious to know if I'm 'insane' or have some type of mental illness and should ...

Is there something wrong with me?

I fear that there may be something wrong with my mental health. First of all, I question almost everything. I have b...

What are the Effects of Stopping Risperidone?

Hi i have been on respirodone consta for over three years my doctor has took me of it my injection was due last wedn...

Borderline Personality Disorder medication and ...

I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. They want to put me on a combination of medicat...

Temporary Memory Lapse and Treatment

I have been known to have a good memory but offlate I forget things...especially names....I enter a room to do somet...

Symptoms of anxiety and depression

8 months ago i was diagnosed with Anxiety after losing my mum. But for the last few weeks I have been constantly bee...

Not able to concentrate and racing thoughts

Hello doctors, im a real disorganized person, i cant concentrate at all, im 18 and im about to get my ib mocks, i can...

Wife in constant fear

Lately my wife has been consumed with a fear of time (going to fast) and that there is nothing after death. She has ...

Scared and confused - post traumatic stress dis...

I suffer from ptsd I some times hear people talking but theres no one there is that a part of ptsd

Metallic Smell, Taste, and Stool Odor

I have experienced a metallic smell, taste, and stool oder for some time now. It comes and goes depending on the day...

Unable to concentrate at work, what should I do?

I am shanthi, 28 years old, I am working as software programmer, I am having this problem for the past 4 years. Alw...

Am I Depressed and Do I have an Anxiety Problem?

Hi, for quite some time now i've been feeling very low and have lost all interest in doing things which used to be i...

I have overdosed numerous times. Do I have bord...

HI I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISSORDER WHEN I WAS 14 I AM NOW 20 AND BEEN TOLD BY PEOPLE THAT IT W...

I always feel tense and think too much. Should ...

Hello, I feel I am suffering from high-level of anxiety, stress and tension and this is creating a lot of problems...

Going off effexor and method of weaning

I am currently taking 150mg of effexor each day and have been doing so for the past 3 years. After talking to my doc...

Depression and I might have a drinking problem

Dear Doc, Im a 28 year old man. We moved from england to fiji. then fiji to brisbane. I have been in australia for ...

Post Your Thoughts