Question :

Depression and I might have a drinking problem

Dear Doc, Im a 28 year old man. We moved from england to fiji. then fiji to brisbane. I have been in australia for 14 years. I have been on and off anti depressonates. I am now on them for the rest of my life. I am very lonely still and dont really have close friends to do things with. Resently i wen to court for drink driving and i find that when im low i hit the booze. my parents tell me i dont hae a drinking problem. its because im lonely and bored. I find my parents know to much about me and lie to them as i dont always want them to know what i get up to. i dissapear for weeknds as i dont want to be around my parents. I am very lonely and fed up of tying to make friends in aus. im not sure if i could live in england agaain. I eat, drink and womanise to make myself better. if there any advice you can give me or a suggestion for tablets etc etc Thnks for your time Matt

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
In my opinion consultation with a psychiatrist for psychotherapy or behaviour therapy may help you deal with drinking problem, lonliness and depression. You need to develop a healthy and active lifestyle for better outcomes. Have a healthy diet and quitting alcohol may certainly help improve your body and mind health.

Questions related to Mental Health

feeling like i am somewhere else

i feel like my surroundings are somewhere i have been before i live in the middle of nowhere and only get to town abo...

Talking to yourself

Hello, Growing up I can always remember my dad muttering and talking to himself. He never realized when he did it ...

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Hi I was wondering that sometimes I repeat things many times such as if I touch something I feel like something's bad...

Self injury

From a psychological professionals point of view , would you be more concerned to hear a patient is cutting or burnin...

Mental issues arised from prolonged computer usage

Health Issues caused by prolonged computer usage?

Sister who is autistic sitting in her own feces

My sister is autistic with mild retardation. She thinks like an 8 yr old. She hurt her knee three yrs ago and stopped...

Do I have a mental disorder?

Hi, im wondering if I have a disorder. I am 16.

What mental disorder does she have?

Since I can remember my mother has always had a terrible rage, which I now believe to be stress caused. She becomes s...

Should I seek help in person?

Hey, I'm 17 years old and I'm just curious to know if I'm 'insane' or have some type of mental illness and should ...

Is there something wrong with me?

I fear that there may be something wrong with my mental health. First of all, I question almost everything. I have b...

What are the Effects of Stopping Risperidone?

Hi i have been on respirodone consta for over three years my doctor has took me of it my injection was due last wedn...

Borderline Personality Disorder medication and ...

I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. They want to put me on a combination of medicat...

Temporary Memory Lapse and Treatment

I have been known to have a good memory but offlate I forget things...especially names....I enter a room to do somet...

Symptoms of anxiety and depression

8 months ago i was diagnosed with Anxiety after losing my mum. But for the last few weeks I have been constantly bee...

Not able to concentrate and racing thoughts

Hello doctors, im a real disorganized person, i cant concentrate at all, im 18 and im about to get my ib mocks, i can...

Wife in constant fear

Lately my wife has been consumed with a fear of time (going to fast) and that there is nothing after death. She has ...

Scared and confused - post traumatic stress dis...

I suffer from ptsd I some times hear people talking but theres no one there is that a part of ptsd

Metallic Smell, Taste, and Stool Odor

I have experienced a metallic smell, taste, and stool oder for some time now. It comes and goes depending on the day...

Unable to concentrate at work, what should I do?

I am shanthi, 28 years old, I am working as software programmer, I am having this problem for the past 4 years. Alw...

Am I Depressed and Do I have an Anxiety Problem?

Hi, for quite some time now i've been feeling very low and have lost all interest in doing things which used to be i...

I have overdosed numerous times. Do I have bord...

HI I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISSORDER WHEN I WAS 14 I AM NOW 20 AND BEEN TOLD BY PEOPLE THAT IT W...

I always feel tense and think too much. Should ...

Hello, I feel I am suffering from high-level of anxiety, stress and tension and this is creating a lot of problems...

Going off effexor and method of weaning

I am currently taking 150mg of effexor each day and have been doing so for the past 3 years. After talking to my doc...

Bad Side Effects of Adderall

I have been on adderall for almost a year....I take 20mg at 6am, 25mg at 12...30mg at 3:30 and my last 20mg at 6. I ...

Side effects with Effexor, need to switch

I have been taking Effexor for about 4 years and have a reduced sexual ability. I am female. I have tried to cease b...

Ways to cope with emotional stress

Hi, I am needing to get my sister in law mental health help. Her father died over 2 years ago and she has been drin...

Fibromyalgia and Depression

In 1997 I was working in Dubai as a photocopier technician. I started getting pain in my finger joints and shoulders...

Lexapro for GAD and Depression. Help!

I'm 16 years old and recently got diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and moderate depression. My doctor pu...

How to Improve Memory Retention

For the past week i have been forgetting things like; bringing my work folder to class, bringing in homework, bring ...

Am I Schizophrenic or Depressed?

Hi,i am a 19 year old female.i've struggled alot through my life from various things happening such as parents divor...

Am I going mental : Bipolar disorder?

I am 15, 5"5 and weigh 115lbs. So for the last 2 years I have felt very weird. For 1-2 weeks I feel so insanely ha...

Seroquel (Quetiapine): Pros and Cons

When prescribed seroquel (quetiapine) under the age of 18 years, is it because the patient has schizophrenia or coul...

Suffer from PTSD, Please help.

29 year old female with history of depression, OCD and PTSD from sexual trauma. I can not let my husband near me. I ...

Short-term memory problems

Not sure where to start...since i was about 13 i started having trouble remembering things.and still do..if my kids ...

Needing the help of a 'Mental health profession...

Hello, I am not sure where my question fits, however I hope it fits in with this website... I have been self-harmi...

Mood swings, Going from very happy to extremly ...

Mood swings, going from very happy to extremly angry and aggresive.

Depression? Anxiety? Stress related pains?

I think i may have anxiety depression and perhaps ibs. When i was younger, i had a stomach bug and our family never ...

Protein in the urine in an adult

What causes protein in the urine

Post Your Thoughts