Question :

Fatty Hump at the Back of the Neck

My little sister and I were wondering what this fatty lump at the back of her neck is. I've researched and its called a "buffalo hump"? And I was wondering why this formed. She's only 15 but she doesn't have very good posture, and she isn't obese, but she's not average. She's somewhere in bewteen. I was wondering how she could get rid of this without surgery

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Medications, lipoma, sebaceous cyst, Cushing's disease etc. The fatty lump is actually a symptom of an underying condition, and treating the underlying condition will be the key to getting

rid of the lump.  You should consult your family doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment.

While a fatty lump at the back of the neck is possibly a Buffalo hump, it possible that the lump is due to other conditions such as  kyphosisis, extended use of steroids or antiviral medications, lipoma, sebaceous cyst, Cushing's disease etc. The fatty lump is actually a symptom of an underying condition, and treating the underlying condition will be the key to getting rid of the lump.  You should consult your family doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Questions related to Women's Health

Lifted Vein Above Ankle

Why did I have a lifted vein above my ankle?

Yeast infection issue

Hi, my boyfriend and I are both 100% monogamous. A few months into our relationship I contracted a yeast infection th...

Subcutaneous abdominal swelling in athletic 50...

In the past 24 hours I have accumulated fluid between my rectus abdomenis and the skin...over the muscle. I am a 50 ...

why did i start my period twice in one month?

I got my period twice in the month of June. It started on the 1st and ended the 5th. The. I started again in the same...

Late period 3 months 13 year old scared

I'm 13 years old and got my first period April 3, 2014. I got one more period after that and now I'm going on the 3rd...

No period in 7 months

I have not had my period in 7 months. I am not pregnant. Why haven't I had it?

Missed periods, bloated stomach, probably not p...

I had my period back in early April and then sex a week later. I can't recall if we used a condom but I missed a peri...

Unexplained hair loss in healthy 35 yr old woman

I am a 35 year old woman with a 2 yr old. My hair started falling out 6 months after I had her, and it hasn't stopped...

Painful right side of labia majora as well as a...

Regarding the inside of my labia majora: I noticed today the skin felt some what tender when I went to wipe but nothi...

Cut while shaving, now i have a sore beside my ...

I cut my the outside of my vagina the other day, about a centimeter away. So not visible unless my legs are open. Any...

lots of bright red blood after sex

I am 29, and have had three children. i have the marina iud and do not have periods. I had started spotting during se...

abdominal pain with white discharge

Hi, I am 24 yrs old girl.I have my periods regularly*but extrmly painful) . its been almost one year that I have bee...

Green Mucus

Green what looks like Mucus in crotch(not by Vagina). What does it mean? Am I gonna get my 1st period soon?

i'm 17 and my period has completely stopped for...

Dear Ask The Doctor: i started having my period when i was 11 years old and back then i had it about three times a ye...

utrogestan pills because i have an irregular pe...

I am taking utrogestan pills because i have an irregular period. I have been taking it for 5 days and i just got my p...

No period in 6 months but ovulating regularly. ...

Hi. I have been without a menstrual period for the past 6 months. A few weeks ago, I began spotting which lasted for ...

No period in almost four years.

I haven’t had my period in almost four years in October; I was 13/14 years old, now 16. I don’t have any ...

No period in over 6 months and unexplained spot...

Recently, I have become concerned about my prolonged absence of menstrual periods. I am a non-pregnant 15 year old gi...

Anemia and heavy periods while on or off birth ...

Hello. I have been having heavy periods lasting 8 to 9 days. I went to a new ob/gyn. He prescibed a combination pill ...

4 periods in one month

I have had 4 periods this month. I am on my 4th one now. is there something wrong with me?

Bleeding for four months

I have had vaginsl bleeding the week before and after my period from February to May. I have been bleeding nonstop si...

Is this my period or something else?

Hello, My monthly cycles have been regular for awhile but this month has been very different for me. I have been hav...

My Period Cycle has changed significantly

Hi there. I have a question relating to periods and their regularity. Pretty much since I started my periods they hav...

unusual period

Hi I started my period 5/6days ago and normally should start to finish by now. I always have a light period but this ...

Period has been abnormal for two months

My period is abnormal the last two months. It isn't stopping like normal. What could it be?

Post Your Thoughts