Question :

Toenails are grey and turning into black

My toenails are grey and turning into black. What should I do to make it normal again?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Black toenails could be caused due to trauma of the nail leading to the development of subungal hematoma or a fungal infection or onychomycosis. Black toenails are mostly harmless. However, if you may require to take oral anti-fungal drugs if a diagnosis of onychomycosis has been made.

Questions related to Athlete's Foot

Athletes foot, need advice

My daughter is 13 and has a athletes foot on both feet she says both her feet are itchy and not just inbetween her to...

Leg trauma

I had a trauma on my foot, if i put panadol as a cream locally on my foot, does it make pain become less?

Leg trauma

Is it a callus or athletes foot?

My bottom soles of my feet are yellow and only the soles and kinda the heel, I was wondering if it an callus or athle...

Small bumps on foot

I am not sure what category to use. I saw and episode of "House" and the patient had small bumps on the si...

Could this be a plantar wart?

I have this hole like thing, on the bottom of my food. My mother said it could be callus or a corn. But, it has this...

Swollen feet and ankles that becomes worse as t...

I am a lady aged 24 and my problem is my feet are swollen and so are my ankles. i wanted to knw the possible problem...

Can I get Fungal Infection from another Person?

I work with a woman who has athletes foot and she scratched it and now has it on her hands, am I at risk of getting ...

Toenail fungus or onychomycosis infection

I really just want to know what kind of Doctor do I visit for toenail fungus and what kind of treatment options exis...

Left foot pain on outside of ankle: Calcaneal s...

MRI on left foot Findings: Low grade intrasubstance partial tearing of the Achilles tendon at the calcaneal attachme...

Feet muscle weakness

Hi. I think athlete's foot was the closest category related to my question. My extensor digitorum brevis muscles see...

Post Your Thoughts