Question :

Anti-depressant help when Swithcing Medications

I have recently started taking Wellbutrin XL (4-5 days) after weaning myself off of Cymbalta (60mg). The Cymbalta made me feel terrible, therefore my doctor switched me to Wellbutrin. However, I am finding some problems that are making it somewhat hard to manage. Since stopping the Cymbalta, I have intense vertigo, the Tinnitus--which I am accustomed to due to an inner ear injury--has dramatically increased. I have been extremely agitated and hostile at one moment, then I am a crying mess the next minute--without provocation for either. Also, I am having difficulty focusing and concentrating. I feel like I have just woken up from surgery and have that anesthesia 'fogginess'. Are these typical reactions? Will they decrease with time? Please help!

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Wellbutrin works on some chemicals in the brain to treat depression.  Because of this it can cause many side effects that you may experience.  Side effects such as dizziness, headaches, and insomnia are common.  Some of these side effects may go away after a couple of weeks and some may persists.  It is important you monitor these side effects and discuss them with your doctor if they persists. As far as focusing, concentrating, and crying these are not caused by wellbutrin but the chemical imbalance that has occured in your body by stopping Cymbalta.  Wellbutrin XL can take up to four weeks to see the full benefits and after this point many people may need to increase the dose.  Many times doctors need to prescribe a relaxant medication for about 2 weeks in the beginning while waiting for the antidepressant to "kick in."  Hope this information helps you.

Questions related to Drugs

Toxicity report reading?

I need help in understanding a autopsy report. My father in law dies from what this says is a heroin overdose. I need...

Questions after steroids use

Hello, I took steroids (testosterone enanthate) for 9 weeks. I have been off for a little over a week and ...

Lump on arm after injecting meth 1 month ago

Hello, i injected meth into my arm about a month ago. I have a bump where i injected almost a month ago and about two...

Bupropion interaction with psilocin/psilocybin

Does Bupropion interact with psilocin/psilocybin (from psychedelic mushrooms)?

Overdose, 200mg of Vyvanse

Hi im a 14 year old 87 lbs female and i took 200 mg of vyvanse. I'm starting to feel a little weird but I'm not sure ...

Side effects

im taking Tylenol with codinie and it makes me itchy is that normal side effect

Side effects of clobex

what are some of the side effects of Clobex?

Bad High

I was trying to drink a glass of milk to calm down the bad high I was experiencing, when all of a sudden all my muscl...

Took to many of my anxiety medication.

I am prescribed .5mg of alprazolam, one tablet daily as needed. I am having a bad anxiety attack and took 3 at once. ...

Lexapro and Asiprin drug interactions

I took two 325mg aspirins at 6pm. 4 hours later I took one 10mg lexapro at 10pm. Am I at risk?

Methamphetamine - Urgent help needed!

About 6 months ago, I snorted .3mg of pure methamphetamine in a matter of an hour or two. I've had a history of amphe...

i have failed a drug test and test positive for...

I was just notified today that i have failed a drug test and test positive for Benzodiazpine specifically temazepine....

Rosacea Medication

Is it safe to use Metronadizole Vaginal 0.75% Gel instead of Metronadizole Topical 0.75% Gel for Rosacea since there ...

Drug resistant strains of bacteria

True or False Do any drug resistant strains of bacteria require any other special precautions other than your standar...

10 panel hair drug test

If on 5/1/14 a 190 pound man age 22 with short hair takes one 30 mg Adderall and does not use any other drugs will i...

Grow taller pills

are there pills that can increase my height am 5 7 but i feel short

Tramadol causing breathing to be harder than no...

Hello i've taken 2 and 1/2 50mg Tramadol, one at 6 at night and one at 10 and a half at 12, i feel okay but breathing...

Able to alter antibiotics in a high school scie...

I am a high school student, I was wondering if you are able to alter antibiotics in a high school science lab?

question about interactions

Hello, I am still on Diazepam (10mg / a day) and I need Lithium Orotate as fast as possible. Is it safe to combine ...

Is my previous drug abuse causing me to be depr...

Last semester I developed a drug addiction to stimulates. Basically anything I could get my hands on but mainly adde...

How long does 1 cocodamol tablet take to leave ...

How long does 1 cocodamol tablet take to leave the system

DNA Drug Test for Antidepressants and Sedatives

Hello. According to side effects (which I still have) and health condition I have some doubts that I was drugged wi...

How quick can marijuana be out of your system.

How quick can marijuana stay in your system? We have had a drug urine test given my a doctor five days after that wa...

Second hand marijuana smoke and Drug Testing fo...

I dont do drugs, my boyfriend smokes marijuana and im always in another room but i can smell it, we have unprotected...

Paxil And Effects Of Withdrawal

I am taking an antidepressant called Paxil. I've been taking it for one day. I got really sick and experienced a lot...

Post Your Thoughts