Question :

Do Lipomas Go Away On Their Own ?

I went to the doctor, and It turns out I have a Lipoma (benign tumor, consisted of fatty tissue) its really tiny, smaller than a pea. I was wondering if they go away on their own, or if you have to go to the doctor and get it removed ? I would like it if it would just go away, ahah !

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
As you have correctly stated, a lipoma is benign, fatty tumor. They are harmless. Unfortunately, they do not always resolve on their own but instead slowly grow and may reach very large sizes. When they become very big, they pose cosmetic concerns. Given that the lipoma you have is the size of a pea then there is no need to have it removed unless you want to, bearing in mind that it may increase in size in years to come.  An other reasons for removal would be if the lipoma is causing pain.

Questions related to Lipoma

I have a lump on the side of the chest. What co...

I have a lump directly below my armpit on left side ribs about the 2 or 3rd rib from the bottom almost straight acros...

A long term lump on my back that is suddenly pa...

Dear Doctors, Dear Doctors, I have a lump on my back. It is halfway up and about 1 to 1.5 inches to the left of ...

Painless swelling in upper outer thigh

One of my upper outer thighs is larger. Feels like there is a pad under the skin or swelling. Pant on that leg feels...

Lump outside vagina

I have a lump outside of my vagina near my left leg right in my pubic hair.. its under the skin. i noticed its getti...

Lumps all over the body, possibility of Neurofi...

Sir, first of all i am not sure whether the lumps on my body is exactly lipoma or not because some of the doctors sa...

Lump on arm, should I be concerned?

Hi i have a pes size lump which is hard on my upper outer left arm which as been there for over a month but which co...

Lump in my thigh for 2 years

I've had a lump on my thigh for about 2 years it has stayed the same size is there any cause for concern?

Lipoma Problems after two months

I had an egg sized lipoma removed 2 months ago and am still having pain. My surgeon has found another painful lump h...

Can I pop this lump myself?

What in the world is this thing? I've had it for a few years and I'd just like to get rid of it. I'm positive it's a...

Treatment options for multiple lipoma

Dear sir, Previously i had one lipoma in my hand and also very small.nowadays it is getting bigger in size an...

lymphoma or other cancers: Swelling of lymph nodes

I have what I think they are swollen lymph nodes for a month in the groin and submandibular areas. At first there we...

Should I have My Lipoma Removed?

Hi, Firstly I'm a female and 20yrs old. I have just recently noticed a bump on my mid lower back. Kind looks like ...

Lymphoma?

I have an odd shaped lump in my neck, I'm not sure how to describe it. It wraps half way up behind my ear then down ...

Post Your Thoughts