Question :

Shingles and CMV relation?

I was just diagnosed with shingles. i have a roomate who has CMV. Could this be in any way related to my outbreak and does her 13 year old son need to not come in contact with me for a certain time

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Shingles is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Anyone who has had chickenpox in their lifetime can get shingles. CMV belongs to the same family of the Herpes Virus and has no relation with your shingles. I hope I could clear your doubt.

Questions related to Shingles

Live Shingles vaccine causes Shingle outbreak

Our neighbor had shingles vaccine, came over to visit an hour later, have had several outbreaks since childhood afte...

Shingles and one year old not immunized

My husband is being treated for shingles. My question..our granddaughter is one year old and not immunized. We are g...

Painful skin lesion on the neck

I have a small legion on my neck with a depressed center and what appears to be "bladders" around it. It is very pai...

Can I swim in a pool or ocean without infecting...

If I have an outbreak of shingles - can I swim in a pool or ocean without infecting anyone else? My complex has a po...

How do I know if I have shingles?

How do I know if I have shingles? I have dry patch of painful skin on my bra line.

How do you know you have shingles for sure?

Last night I felt burning electrical pain in right flank right above waist band of slacks and thats when I noticed a...

Painful Rash in Back - Could it be Shingles?

I have a rash on the left side of my back, it hurts, itch's all the time, has blisters. it extends from the middle ...

Should someone with an active case of shingles ...

Should someone that has an active case of shingles on their leg that is covered by bandages go to work? Can they inf...

Are antiviral meds needed for Shingles?

I went to visit the doctor today about a case of Shingles. He confirmed they were Shingles and recommended Zyrtec. ...

Pinched nerve treatment with valtrex

Hi - i am being treated with valtrex for newve pain in my elbow - diagnosed as anterior interosseous newve syndrom ....

Benefits of Shingles Inoculation for active inf...

My Mother is 91 years old and had Shingles about 3 yrs. ago which affected one of her eyes. Recently, she had a bron...

PHN years after shingles outbreak?

I have a question I cannon find on the Internet. Can a 70 year old develop PHN 9 years after an intense shingles ou...

Shingles: Can it occur in the areas of the eye?

Can you get shingles in the eye or eye area?

Could Meningitis be a complication of shingles?

My husband was recently diagnosed with shingles; his symptoms were an intense electic-like shock in the back of his ...

What is the treatment for shingles?

WHAT TYPE OF OF PRESCRTPION MEDICATION SHOULD YOU TAKE AT THE ONSET OF SHINGLES

Can I apply for disability with Post Herpetic N...

I am a 28 year old male. I first came down with Shingles about two years ago, After the rash I continued to have a p...

Can vaccinated children get shingles?

My husband has developed a case of shingles. Our children have both had the chicken pox vaccine and not the disease....

Shingles Vaccine and Chicken pox exposure

I am 63 and had a mild childhood case of chicken pox. I f I have been exposed to my grandchildren with chicken pox ...

Shingles Vacine

I have been diagnosed with shingles. Would it be beneficial for me to get the shingles vacine after I recover.

Shingles Vaccine

I am just starting to get over shingles. In the future am I more likely or less likely to contract them again? Is th...

shingles transmission from another human

Can't you get Shingles from some one who has them.

Shingles and chicken pox transmission

Hi my fiancee is 18 weeks pregnant and has come down with shingles, but my son now has chicken pox. is it safe for h...

How long does it last for shingles to heal

I have just been diagnosed with Shingles. It started a week ago. how long does it take before I'll feel better? I...

Shingles related to nerves in the knees

I have been under considerable stress over the last year and have had 2 episodes of shingles on both sides of my bac...

Chicken pox and shingles

Ive never had chicken pox and they said i have shingles could i have both

Can sex transfer the shingles disease

My boyfriend has shingles, beofer we found out what he had we had sex and had been kissing. i have had chickenpox be...

Will the new shingles shot work for someone wit...

I've had 8 cases of shingles in my left eye since 2007. The episodes are getting closer together now with only 6 we...

Can you get shingles in the armpits?

Is it possible to get shingles in a very strange area like in the armpits?

Shingles in the past and have since recovered

I have had Shingles in the past and have since recovered. My girlfriend has been exposed to children who perhaps ha...

How do i know if i have shingles?

How do i know if i have shingles. I am itchy all over i have a rash on my front part of my neck. I thought it was al...

Can I get shingles without a rash

Can you have shingles without a rash?

Shingles contagious risk

I am concerned about contracting Shingles, My girlfriend says she is starting to have a case of shingles. I have bee...

Shingles in older people

My husband is 63 years of age and was diagnosed with shingles this past week. He has them on half of his forehead an...

How Can I Tell If I Have Had Chicken Pox?

How can I find out if I ever had Chicken Pox? I want to get a Shingle Shot, but they all say to get one only if you...

Post Your Thoughts