Question :

Lumps In Back of Throat After Strep Throat

I had strep throat recently and am almost done taking my penicillin. During this time I looked into my throat and noticed some strange lumps behind my uvula. They are at the back of my throat and are colored pinkish. I am not sure if these are related to my strep or if I should go back to my doctor again to get them looked at.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The pinkish swelling at the back of your throat are inflammed adenoids. The adenoids are part of the lymphatic system that are located above the roof of the mouth and behind the nose. These swell up when there is a bacterial infection, such as strep throat, you do not need to be concerned as you're already on medication. Warm saline gargles will help.

Questions related to Strep Throat

Had tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy a month ago and...

My 5 year old daughter had her tonsils and adenoids out a month ago because of having strep throat 8 times since Janu...

Strep Throat: pain and lacking the ability to e...

Hi, i am 13 years old and I think I have strep throat and I couldn't fall asleep last night at all. The pain in my to...

Strep throat: rash?

I am being treated for strep throat with Penicillin since last Thursday and am feeling much much better. But yesterda...

Day 6 of antibiotics still spiking a fever an e...

I am a 33yr old female. I have had a intense sore throat for 2 weeks went to urgent care last Thursday was given a ra...

Do I have strep throat?

Does this look like step throat? http://oi62.tinypic.com/13zr85u.jpg

My 10 year son has recovered from strep throat....

My son is 10. He had strep throat for about 4 days and then he started getting better. regardless our family doctor...

One swollen tonsil

Hello, I'm 17 and about 9 days ago while at the dentist she noticed that my right tonsil is much more swollen then my...

strep throat and given amoxicillin right away. ...

I went to a walk in clinic on Thursday, was diagnosed with Strep throat and started amoxicillin right away (500mg 3 t...

Does Quinsy (Peritonsillar Abscess) need immedi...

I have peritonsillar abscess that occured just yesterday after my tonsilitis was cured.As I researched, it needs to b...

Throat Pimple Causing Discomfort (Teen)

Hello. I am a healthy 18 year old boy and had a recent concern. Suddenly for the past 2 days my throat has had a stra...

HELP! Recurrent strep throat or other bacteria?

Dear ask a doctor: I have had a recurrent sore throat now for almost 3 weeks. About 14 days ago I was given amoxic...

Strep Throat Healing Do I Still Need a Doctor??

Hello, I woke up with a sore throat on this past Thursday. Later I developed a fever, chills, and white spots and in...

Treatment of Sore Throat

I have had had a sore throat for the last four weeks which is getting worse. I have been to my doctor three times an...

Worsening strep throat infection

I acquired strep while on amoxicillin for a sinus infection. Returned to the dr, and was placed on cefzolin. Pain ...

Strep throat re occurance and treatment options

I had a positve throat test and was treated for strep 14 days ago. I had very large white patches on both of my tou...

Strep throat not responding to antibiotics

My son has had steep throat. For a month. He has tested positive and was given 10 days of amoxicillan. Strep came ba...

Strep Throat Concern, will I require a throat s...

Hello, I have a docotor appointment later today, and I am concerned about the strep test or throat culture. I do not...

How long does it take to cure Strep throat?

I was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday. I was put on to keflex and today, Friday I was not better I still had a...

Strep Throat - How long will it take for the dr...

I'm 32 years old. I was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday. I started Keflex and I've been on for 2 days and I'...

How long do antibiotics need to take effect on ...

Red tonsils, White spots, tiny fever, fatigue, hurst when I swallow. Started antibiotics 36 hours ago (augmentin), bu...

Dislodged or dislocated lymph node in neck.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I've recently noticed that I have a floating lymph node in my neck. The same gland...

I'm on Methotrexate and have recurrent tonsilli...

I have rheumatoid arthritis and I am taking meds that suppress my immune system. 2 months ago, I got strep throat an...

Should I take antibiotics for prevention of str...

If my spouse is experiencing continual strep symptoms and is taking antibiotics should I also take the antibiotics a...

Exposed to strep throat and now having symptoms.

Ii am a 43 year old female who was exsposed to strep throat and scarlet fever 2 weeks ago and I woke up with a sore ...

Possible Rheumatic Fever following Strep Throat

12 days ago my 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with the strep virus (in her throat and ear) and scarlet fever. she...

Post Your Thoughts