Question :

Painful urinating and slight pink color

Hi, I have recently, over the past 2 weeks, been haveing urinal discomfort. My urine appears no different in the toilet but when I wipe, it appears a slight pink colour. The pain happens after I have urinatedAnd makes me feel a bit faint.Do you have any clue what this could be?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Pain during urinating and slight pinkish color could be due to a urinary tract infection (UTI). UTI is 50 times more common in women. You need to get your urine tested for the same and start on some antibiotic medication. Also remember to take plenty of fluids which helps by make the urine alkaline, which in turn makes the environment more hostile to bacterial growth and improve the results of antibiotic therapy.

Questions related to Urinary Tract Infection

Urine Culture Indicated

A urinalyses indicated trace amounts of leukocyte esterase, indicating a urinary tract infection. Two weeks later I h...

Cystitis and Ramipril

Is potassium citrate mixture and ramipril safe to take for two days for a cystitis

Urinary Tract Infection

I tested positive from a AZO test strip for a UTI. I started antibiotics Ciprofloxacn 250 mg 1 every 12 hrs. 4 days ...

Diflucan- shelf life?

What is the shelf life of Diflucan? I have some from 2 years ago.

UTI at 25th week of pregnancy

Hi, I am 25 weeks pregnant and just got a call yesterday from the Doctor's office that they found UTI in my urine ...

Urinate too much after drinking water / tea

Every time after I drink water/tea I always find myself going to the bathroom to urine a lot. I think I drink way too...

4 days contionous masturbation can cause any pr...

I have urine test 2morrow ,but i masturbated regularly last 4 days ,will it cause any problem in urine test?

2nd VRE UTI with stomach flu symptoms

Hi Doc! I have been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis 4 years ago, after many failed attempts to treat bladder s...

Itching and burning of penis, puffy red spot un...

Hi, I'm 17 years old and im having a problem. Around mid-day, i got done peeing. I started to feel a burning sensatio...

itching, burning and confused

My boyfriend and I practice safe sex, we are both faithful, and I have a burning sensation after I urinate, I also h...

Strong Ammonia-like smell only in last few drop...

Hello - A couple of years ago I started eating spicy food - very spicy food. At times I would add a spoonful of ch...

U.T.I pain

Diagnosed and given antibiotics but pain stopped so never took them, now weeks later it hurts again

UTI

I'm a 26 year old female with recurring uti's. My latest culture showed 100,000 col/ml Enterococcus species in my ur...

Upper urinary tract infection?

Am I suffering from an upper urinary tract infection?

Pain in cervix.

I've been having frequent urges to urinate, and today I've begun to have sharp pain in my cervix. It doesn't burn whe...

Constant urge to urinate and frequent urination

I have a constant urge to urinate, even after I go the feeling doesn't go away. I haven't been to the doctor yet and ...

months a go i started having trouble in urinati...

months a go i started having trouble in urination (frequent urination and pain in the urethra) i visited 3 doctors .....

Why won't a urodynamics test be performed when ...

Why won't a urodynamics test be performed if you have a UTI?

I am obese and suffering from swollen feet.

Good evening doctor. i am mouli 23 m . i am suffering with swollen feet from past few weeks. i was little obese. and ...

Frequent and painful urination

Dear doctor, I need your help. My name is Christiane Helene, female, 19 years old, from the Philippines. I live alone...

UTI's and flagged test levels

I'm a 37 yr old female. The last couple of years u have had UTI's off and on. Last week I participated in my comp...

Concerns after BMG urethroplasty

Hi doctor, I had a long running problem of urethral stricture, for which, I have recently (about a month ago) underg...

Will Catheter Removal Hurt

I have a Foley catheter and a Suprapubic catheter because of surgery to remove a urethral Stricture. I am a male and ...

left scrotum and testicle pain

Hi Dr, for quite sometime now, more than 6 month , experience pain on my left scrotum, testicle, pain sometime goes a...

Spotting blood when urinating

Dear doctor, I am currently experiencing a slight pain when I pee, and I have also noticed some blood. I am about to ...

Post Your Thoughts