Question :

Why am I tired all the time

Hi! In 2005 I had to have an iron transfusion. I now feel like I might be low on iron again. I am very tired all the time. I have had a headache on and off for over 2 weeks. Could this be low iron again?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The usual presenting symptoms in adults with iron deficiency are primarily due to anemia and include weakness, headache, irritability, fatigue and exercise intolerance. Patients often complain of feeling “tired all the time”. Therefore with your previous history of iron transfusions, it is possible that your iron stores are depleted and you may be anaemic. I advise attending your family doctor for some blood tests including; a full blood count, blood film, iron and ferritin level and total iron binding capacity level.

Questions related to Anemia

Vitamin B12 deficiency after Gastric Bypass

I am having tingling of my hands due to severe deficiency of Vitamin B12 along with diarhrea, insomnia, depression, a...

Low neutrophils, high lymphs

Age 61 fatigue Wbc 4.0 Neutrophils 37 Lymphs 51 Creatinine, Serum 1.28 Should I be concerned, and if...

Girlfriend Suck blood out Boyfriend skin

My boyfriend had aplastic anemia when he was 15. He came in remission when he was 17. He is now 20, and has had no re...

Iron pills were giving side effects

Since I was anemic and the Iron pills were giving side affects the doctors ordered Ferritin transfusion a week ago

Nasal Packing due to Nosebleeds

I recently had my left nostril cauterized and then had a nasal packing within 2 days. Because my nosebleeds are so ou...

Harmful Iron Supplementation

I was wondering if it is possible to have an iron overdose if I was taking 45mg tablets daily for the past 6 months?

Abnormal menstruation

What is going on?! I had my normal period June 16-20. On June 23, I started cramping again. After three days of cramp...

Left arm pain and Iron Deficiency Anemia

Hi I'm a 14 yr old girl and i have iron deficiency anemia. I stopped taking iron pills about 1 yr ago. I havent been ...

Anemia and taking care of myself

I have anemia, im taking care of myself now, i was feeling really tired, then made some tests and just the anemia w...

Bruises along legs along with nausea and diarrhea

I have bruises all over my legs I am nauseous n have diarrhea I also have no appetite n losing weight

Low serum iron, low TIBC. chronic disease?

hi. i have been feeling more tired than normal lately. I usually don't sleep very much, usually an average of 5-6 hou...

Is my blood ferritin level of 14 ug/L high enou...

Hello Doctor, Background: My ferritin levels are 14 ug/L. The lab where I got my test done (BC Canada) states that...

CBC results and been on carbamazepine for last...

my wbc was 9 last month and this month it is 10.5, rest of cbc is normal. RBC= 5.56, HGB= 14.4, PLT= 148, LYM= 34.5. ...

Could taking stool soft pills be the cause of a...

My dad (age 90) has been diagnosed with anemia. His hemaglobin is low. his iron,b12 etc. levels are fine. He takes 2 ...

Scared of needles for anemic test

I am 13 and have the biggest fear of needles I could not bare to get a blood test to see if I was amemic today becaus...

Interpretation of Blood Results

I just got a blood test back and some items are of concern. I am living in an Asian country at the moment and the Doc...

what is commensal perineal flora?

What does commensal perineal flora mean on a urine test?

Random numbness in fingers and toes

I am a 30 yr. old female who experiences random numbness in fingers and toes for the past 2 months. I thought it was...

Chronic Low CBC's and Neutropenia

I have had chronic low red blood cell counts as well as low hemoglobin and low white (neutrophils) counts for the pa...

Weakness and pain in the extremities

Hii, I am 49 years old. My haemoglobin level is 8.6. Off late, i had started having pains in my back n limbs. I cons...

Do I need to increase the dosage of prescriptio...

I am on the ferrous sulfate 300mg and the meds started to wrok in terms of i wasn't feeling dizzy and the headches h...

Question about Blood count results

I was just told I have low red blood cell and low neutrophil counts, can you please tell me what that means?

Iron deficiency anemia after gastric bypass

My Hemoglobin is 10.5, Ferritin is 3, Iron 32 and Iron Saturation at 7. How dangerous is this and would an iron tra...

Anemia in males, what is the treatment?

I am 52 years old man. I am a commercial pilot. In the recent medical exam, my haemoglobin level in the blood test, ...

Hemoglobin of 8.8, what does it mean?

I went to the doctor and had blood work done, and my hemoglobin came back at 8.8, what does that mean?

Post Your Thoughts