Am confused between Telekast , Telekat-L , Telekast F and other varioations.

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor
I am suffering from Bronchitis since in was 3 yrs old... I have an allergy from pollens that are in the air during April Month. I am taking Seroflo Rotacaps throughout the year. But During April Month i need to take extra allergic medicin. Currently i am taking TeleKast -L , which i am taking without prescribed by doctor. I am confused between Telekast , Telekat-L , Telekast F and other varioations.. Kindly suggest me which one will be best fior me..

Symptoms:  Bronchitis
Doctor

A:   Chronic Allergic Bronchitis with seasonal exacerbations (due to environmental exposure to specific allergens) is usually managed on case to case basis. It is required that you attend regular follow ups with your doctor (to get your clinical status assessed) periodically. In many cases, it is seen that patients adapt to suboptimal lung function (over a period of time) leading to disease progression and further complications in the long term. The brands mentioned by you, are essentially combinations of Montelukast with an anti-histaminic (Fexofenadine or Levocetrizine). These are prescribed interchangeably by various medical practitioners for allergic disorders. I would suggest that you to see an Allergy Specialist for further evaluation and management of your case.