Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > "Hi, I’ve recently upped my dose of sertraline from

"Hi, I’ve recently upped my dose of sertraline from

Patient: “Hi, I’ve recently upped my dose of sertraline from 150mg to 200mg for ocd. I’m on day 13 and every day I am getting worse, my anxiety is a lot higher and I am feeling very low. Is it possible 200mg is too high? Should I decrease my dose back down as I was feeling much better on 150mg

Symptoms: Heightened anxiety, irritability

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.All changes in dose should be done by a Doctor only. Self-medicating especially with ner ve related drugs are very dangerous. Avoid at all cost and see a Doctor as soon as possible.Also, it is illegal to modify a prescription online. Please see a Doctor in person.Hope this helps you.