Blood discharge in early pregnancy?

Patient

Q: 2 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant. ive been having cramps for about a month now. 5 days ago i started having brown discharge and when i went to the bathroom a few days ago there was red blood when i wiped.

Symptoms:  Abdominal cramping
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

Any form of bleeding in pregnancy is ominous. It is advisable that you may visit your physician for an ulltrasound to look for fetal viability and rule out any threatened abortion in form of any sub chorionic bleed or hematoma formation.
The pain in early pregnancy is usually in the groin region and due to progesterone induced ligament laxity which is considered normal , but if the pain has been continuous and gripping then evaluation is required.

I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you safe pregnancy,
regards