? Disease transmission from sharing liquid bandage

Patient

Q: Is it possible to transmit diseases such as HIV, Hep B & C from sharing a container & applicator of liquid bandage with another person?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible to transmit blood borne pathogens buy using the same applicator and liquid bandage product. This is because the applicator and liquid bandage solution is coming in direct contact with blood of the individual. If you were to use this same container, you will have a high risk exposure to any of your aforementioned blood borne pathogens as well as other bacterial or viral infections.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com