Do you think i should run it my track meet?

Patient

Q: What is wrong with my knee? Do you think i should run it my track meet? Because it hurts real bad when i start running. And sometimes i cant bend or straighten it. And when i move a certain way on it it hurts real bad. And sometimes it hurts and i don't even do anything on it. Sometimes applying slight pressure on it my knee hurts.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You should look for two problem. One is a mechanical problem that some defect or tear in meniscus and ligaments. This can be seen by MRI of knee joint and treated accordingly. Second common possibility can be vitamin D deficiency. Get your vitamin D levels and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in relieving pain. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care