Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Exercise and Slip disc

Exercise and Slip disc

Patient: Can a person with slip disc do ecersises usinng dumbells for biecpes and if yes than the dumbells weght should be how much …

Doctor: Due to your slipped disc you must be very careful choosing and combining an adequate exercise routine. I suggest emphasi zing cardiovascular and respiratory exercises. A light cardiovascular conditioning can be achieved walking at your own pace 20 minutes three times a week, you can use dumbbells of approximately 1 lb. each.. For the respiratory exercises I suggest that you see a respiratory therapist that can teach you a routine that you can easily follow. You will benefit of a physical therapy program that teach you stretching exercises