HIV transmission through a handkerchief

Patient

Q: I went to a stripclub recently. Stripper places a hand kerchief (i suppose it was dry). almost at end of lap i ejaculated and as i see my pant was wet and may be kerchief got wet too . how r chances of i getting some virus through the kerchief which is being used for every one? specially HIV?

Doctor

A:   HIV is transmitted when the virus enters the body, usually by injecting infected (needle stick) cells or semen. There are several possible ways in which the virus can enter: Most commonly, HIV infection is spread by having sex with an infected partner and the virus can enter the body through the lining of the vagina, vulva, penis, rectum, or mouth during sex. HIV frequently spreads among injection-drug users who share needles or syringes that are contaminated with blood from an infected person. Women can transmit HIV to their babies during pregnancy or birth, when infected maternal cells enter the baby's circulation.  Nowadays is very rare that HIV spreads through transfusion of contaminated blood or blood components. Blood products are now tested to minimize this risk. If tissues or organs from an infected person are transplanted, the recipient may acquire HIV. Donors are now tested for HIV to minimize this risk.
It is not likely that you have been infected with the virus in the way described in your question, first the HIV virus is very fragile when outside the human body, like on a handkerchief,  but if you are still in doubt, it is strongly recommended that you get tested.