Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hurting On The Low Right Side Of Abdomen

Hurting On The Low Right Side Of Abdomen

Patient: I have been hurting on the. Low right side of my abdomen for over a week and was first told in the Er it was a kidney stone. Have now seen a urogist and he says no kidney stone but I have a bad infection in my bladder with red blister type areas inside my bladder but. He tells me it isn’t causing. My pain. What could be causing this awful pain

Symptoms: Severe lower right abdomal pain and lower back pain

Doctor: Lower abdominal pain may be caused by stones in the urinary passage or infections of the bowels, among others. Detailed clinical examination, blood tests and imaging may be required to single out the particular cause concerned. Please discuss with your treating physician(s) about the particular medical condition that is causing you pain or take a second opinion, if required.