I am 19 years old. I have made a very bad decision on this day

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor,

I am 19 years old. I have made a very bad decision on this day, april 30th, because I ended up having anal sex with my partner without the use of a condom. A little short description of my partner would be is that she has been with 4 guys prior to me, therefore me being the 5th. She also has a daughter and was pregnant with her when she was 16. We had sex several times without a condom on April 22, 23, and the 24th. Now we ended up having anal sex without a condom and vaginal sex without a condom on the 30th. I am very concerned doctor. I dont know what to do. Please, If you could help me out on what I need to do and what my next step is in order to make sure that I am safe and clean?

Oh and I've decided to drink a lot of water in order to consistently urinate.

Symptoms:  Nothing right now.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you should take post exposure prophylaxis which will help you to prevent HIV infection. This is what you should absolutely use condom for every single sexual activity.

To confirm that you do not have AIDS, please see a Doctor and get a lab test for HIV. The other STDs are not as dangerous as they have a cure. Hope this helps you.

All the best.