I am 31 years of age and have recently been suffering with erectile dysfunction.

Patient

Q: Hi I am 31 years of age and have recently been suffering with erectile dysfunction. It first started happening a few times around late December 2013 - early January 2014. At the time I had recently found out that my girlfriend had kissed another lad behind my back. Obviously it was very fragile between us at that time, but I could see how remorseful she was and how much she regretted it so I decided to give her a chance and see if we could get past it. But, a number of times over the space of the following few weeks I would lose my erection during sex. After the first time it happened it made me very anxious and I lost my erection quite regularly over the next few weeks. I went to see a doctor about it and he tested me for diabetes, testosterone levels and blood pressure amongst other things and my results came back completely fine. Since then my erections have been fine apart from maybe once, or twice at the most. But over the last 2 weeks I have lost my erection 3 times during sex and even masturbation and it tends to happen when I have been sweating a fair amount. My girlfriend has just been away for 3 weeks on her travels around Europe and when I met her it, not only did I lose my erection but also, when it came back, it took me a lot longer to climax than it usually does and its still taking a while to climax. Whenever I lose my erection I always seem to get it back a short while later but it is far from ideal it happening in the first place. My girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous and my desire for sex is still as strong as ever, and back in January my tests came back fine so I don't understand what my problem is and why it has started happening all of a sudden again. I am 5,11" and weigh 180 lbs. Our sex life is healthy however I am desperate for a solution to this! Any ideas of what is wrong with me because my tests say I am fine?

Symptoms:  Erectile dysfunction, takes a while to ejaculate
Doctor