I am just getting touch as over the last

Q: Hi there,

I am just getting touch as over the last couple of days I have been experiencing great discomfort in my vagina whereby after intercourse I have become itchy, swollen and also notice after wiping that there is a yellow discharge with small orange dots... At times the vagina will feel dry and is sometimes uncomfortable even when sitting or walking.
It is so uncomfortable at points that I have lost out on sleep.
Could someone tell me what to do about this what it could possibly be??

It looks like you have developed an infection.Bacterial, fungal or protozoal infections could be the causes. There is a change in the vaginal mucosa prior to infection following an intercourse, leading to inflammation, which probably causes infection later. Kindly use cotton undergarments, avoid nylon ones and wear loose fitting bottoms. Also, drink lots of water daily. Use feminine wash for cleansing the vagina, it is available as over the counter medication. It contains lactobacilli which restore the vaginal pH and prevents itching and dryness. You may also consult a gynecologist for an examination.A vaginal swab may be needed. In case of an infection, the doctor will wish to treat you and your partner with an antibiotic cover for a few weeks .Avoid unprotected sex till you are cured of symtptoms.
Hope this helped.