I had severe diarrhea and have continued to have it now for ten years.

Patient

Q: I had an colostomy reversal surgery on December 11,2002. Afterward,c Although I have been back to the doctor and to the ER and have had another abdominal CT scan which was found normal, I cannot eat anything without getting diarrhea, sometimes with gas, sometimes solid with loose watery stools. I was told that I should be healed by six months and completely recovered within a year.
It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, whether it is low fiber or high fiber, I still get the diarrhea. It is debilitating. The doctor told me over a month ago that I had a blockage in the large intestines (something like Severe intestinal Obstruction) before the operation. Can you give me any suggestions on what to do? I am OK though. Neither the GI doctor nor the surgeon find anything else wrong.

Doctor