I have been experiencing some itching but no burning and just a little bit of discharge.

Patient: I have been experiencing some itching but no burning and just a little bit of discharge. Do I have a yeast infection

Doctor: I know that you are concerned about a probable virginitis. This is an inflammation of the vagina that can result in disc harge, itching and pain. The cause is usually a change in the normal balance of vaginal bacteria or an infection.One of the causes of vaginitis is Yeast infections, these are very common infections which main symptom is itching, but you may have a white, thick discharge that resembles cottage cheese.This is certainly a probable cause of your symptoms; you could try using over the counter Miconazole also known as Monistat or similar medications. To prevent recurrence, avoid irritants near your vagina, rinse soap in your outer genital area after a shower, and dry the area well to prevent irritation. Don’t use scented or harsh soaps, such as those with deodorant or antibacterial action.