I was put on low dose combined hormone birthc ntrol when I was younger

Patient

Q: I was put on low dose combined hormone birthc ntrol when I was younger, but discontinued used after a few minths due to sharp, painful chest pains on my left side, where my heart is. I was put on progestin inly birth fontrol pills a month ago and was told since the pills contain no estradiol, there would be no risks for heart problems. I have gotten some chest pains again since starting the pills, again on my left side, and sharp, but not as bad as last time. I am wondering if there is teally no risk for heart issues with what I am on, which is Micronor, and fontains knly norethindrone. I seem to be extremely sensiyive to synthetic hormones. I am only 30, am a healthy body weithg, do not smoke ciggaretes. I have been told maybe it is acid reflux, but I find that insulting. I know when I am having a sharp, quite scary, chest pain where my heart is. I dont know if I shoild get off my birth control. I dont want to hurt myself.

Doctor