I'm concerned that taking 30+ vitamin and minerals a day is probably a bad idea

Patient

Q: My Roommate just started a new workout program and he has started taking a lot of pills/supplements. I'm concerned that taking 30+ vitamin and minerals a day is probably a bad idea
over the course of the day he takes 1 One a Day Multivitamin, 4 Hydroxycut, 3 Glucosamine & Chondroitin, 2 200mg L-Theanine, 2 25mg DHEA, 1 5000mg Biotin, 3 500mg L-Phenylalanine, 4 1000mg L-Carnitine, 3 300mg St. John's Wort, 2 60mg Ginko Biloba, 3 500mg Valerian Root, 3 1000 L-Arginine, and 2 200mg Ginseng Extract. I just don't think that that many pills is safe

Symptoms:  none
Doctor