“If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.”

Q: So I have been doing endless combinations of long/short distance sprints and laps for about two months now 2-4 times a week. For many occasions, when intensity increases, I really get out of breath and find my myself hyperventilating (dizziness, feeling lightheaded can be included). I think this is due to my breathing, because sometimes this heavy breathing goes along with "side stitches" or lower belly cramps. Any advice? With maybe diet? Breathing techniques? (I have asked my doctor about this problem and he did an oxygen test that concluded that I was completely normal.) I understand that I need to fight through pain and never give up (it's a good thing to feel "pushed"), but this is really frustrating, because it affects my explosiveness, speed, and other assets vital in running. I am a 172 lb, 5'7" football player that (RB/CB) can use any type of advice because my goal is to be in the best shape of my life for my last football season.

Symptoms:  Lightheadedness, heavvy breathing, dizziness, bending over in exhaustion