Light faded stretch marks just under my shoulder facing my chest

Q: Hello I'm a white british male aged 20 about 5'11 6ft not to sure how much I weigh but I've noticed that I've got light faded stretch marks just under my shoulder facing my chest & I've got them on my leg just under my hip is that normal as I feel like my body is rank

A:   Thank you for your question and welcome to ask the doctor.

Stretch marks are a very very common thing and they are nothing to worry about. These occur from stretching and tearing of the collagen fibers in the dermis of the skin. unfortunately there are no good options to treat them effectively. Please do not spend a small fortune on creams and oils as they have not been proven to help this condition. If the marks are very red, some laser treatments can help to reduce the red color, but the marks themselves will remain.