Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > lost 30 lbs in three months

lost 30 lbs in three months

Patient: I have lost 30 lbs in three months but I am eating lots

Symptoms: Been having a lot of trouble sleeping.I’m exhausted all the time though,Headaches more than usual, sick feeling in my stomach a lot,And I’ve been bleeding off and on, which I shouldn’t be at all, because I had the lining of my uterus scraped & burned, surgery was endometrial ablation,

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Loss of an excessive amount of weight can be caused by infections, emotional stress, hormo nal fluctuations, or chronic illness such as cancer.You have lost about 10 lbs/month over the last three months. This large amount of weight loss is commonly associated with malignancies of the body.We are not mentioning this to alarm you but it is important that you take this fact into consideration and promptly go to your doctor to be evaluated as soon as possible. Given the fact that you are experiencing uterine bleeding and abdominal pain your loss of appetite may be related to a a problem with your reproductive system, or hormonal imbalances. We recommend that you promptly seek an in person evaluation from your doctor for sudden weight loss. You may be required to undergo a pelvic examination, ultrasound, along with blood testing to evaluate to assist in the evaluation of your symptoms. Please see your doctor as soon as possible.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com