The day after was even worse, fever, extreme fatigue, headache, tonsils more swollen and sore throat worse.

Patient: I woke up with an extreme sore throat 5 days ago, accompanied with very swollen tonsils and swollen lymph nodes in my neck. The day after was even worse, fever, extreme fatigue, headache, tonsils more swollen and sore throat worse. The first few days, I didn’t have any cold symptoms, but yesterday I developed a cough and plugged nose, in addition to the sore throat and swollen tonsils. There are only two small white spots on one tonsil, and there was a large white spot on the back of my throat that has since disappeared, but both tonsils are very red. I can keep the tonsil swelling somewhat under control with IB Profin, but when it wears off, and in the middle of the night, my tonsils swell back up and my sore throat worsens. I am wondering if this is Strep throat, but I read that it is not usually accompanied with cold symptoms?

Symptoms: Swollen Tonsils, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Sore Throat

Doctor: