1 cm deep bite from dog on wrist

Q: Help! I was just bitten by a dog , the whole tooth of the dog went into the side of my wrist! I have disinfected thewound but I wanted to know Iif I need to go to a hospital? The hole in the side of my wrist is about 1 cm deep. Please help! ,

Symptoms:  Sore red blood

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Dog bite can result in Infection, Disfigurement and Dysfunction. There are two perspectives in this to deal with. One is wound and the other is Rabies. As the teeth of the dog went deeply inside, there is a possibility of infection of underlying tendon, muscle and joint space infection. Wound should be cleaned meticulously. Most of the time infections are polymicrobial. Rabies is a life threatening infection transmitted by dogs. It is better to take post exposure prophylaxis as the infectious status of the Rabid dog is not known. Here we have to observe different points like vaccination status of the dog, behavior of the animal, circumstance of the biite. Consult your doctor and take a shot of Human rabies vaccine, that is Human Diploid Cell Vaccine (HDCV) should be given IM in deltoid area on 0, 3, 7, 14, 28 days.