1 I am 47 years old, contracted UTI for

Patient

Q: 1. I am 47 years old, contracted UTI for the first time in may last year and got treated by my doctor. Since then I drink a lot of water and barley water. I started taking cranberry supplement since January this year.
2. I have no problem passing urine. But feel discomfort when my bladder is full and have to go to the toilet fast.
3.Once I hold it for half an hour and my bladder feel discomfort for the next 2 days but eventually it becomes OK.
4. I will be having my menses in 2 days and my discharge has a sharp smell.
My question are:
1. Why I can't hold my bladder now when I can do it last time. Why it cause so much discomfort?
2. what cause the sharp smell of the discharge?
3. Am I still having symptoms of UTI or is it something more serious?

Doctor