Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 1 month ago I had sex with my partner, I

1 month ago I had sex with my partner, I

Patient: 1 month ago I had sex with my partner, I got my period 2 days after.. I haven’t been active since, however I am 1 week late in my period ..

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Since you got periods after the play you had, you are safe.You are not pregnant.Pregnancy tests done by urine kit at home usually get positive only after 10 days of missing the periods. Since your next cycle is due, so there is no point in getting a pregnancy test done.Moreover, chances of getting pregnancy are almost nil as you have got your periods few days after having the play.I would advise you to be cautious next time and to use protection while having any sexual activity.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy