10 days ago I injured my lower leg (severe blow

Patient

Q: 10 days ago I injured my lower leg (severe blow to the shin). Went to my doctor. Diagnosed with contusion of the lower extremity. Swelling, bruising, numbness, etc. My question is what is causing the severe burning sensation and pain where I suffered the injury. It comes and goes. Seems to be getting worse

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Severe pain is due to edema. Due to edema tissue get stretched causing pain. You are likely to get benefited by elevation of limb and active toe active movement. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Vitamin B and C is helpful. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.