10 week period might be cyst??

Patient

Q: Been on period for 10 ,weeks when I was 14 ,had a large csyt removed worried about what this could be

Symptoms:  Pro longed period
Doctor

Thanks for the query,

If you have been bleeding per vaginum since last 10 weeks then you should be visiting your physician soon to get a complete gyno examination done to rule out various uterine ovarian and local causes of bleeding. Firstly pregnancy or abortion has to be ruled out with a urine pregnancy test and then a hormonal profile followed by an ultrasound pelvis with a per special and bimanual per vaginal examination would help establish the diagnosis. If the bleeding is persistent then you may have to undergo a dilatation and curettage procedure to stop the bleeding as excessive bleeding may cause anaemia as well. So please visit your physician for an examination.